turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Family tradition still alive

Started by zelmo1, May 04, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

So I am a first generation turkey hunter. My first bird was a jake on my first hunt. My sons first bird was a jake on his first hunt. My daughters first bird was a jake on her first hunt. That leaves my wife, who shot a double bearded jake for her first bird on her first hunt. Us Bakers are jake Killers I guess. We are truly blessed. I guess my future grandchildren will have to break the tradition. Dam kids  :funnyturkey:

trkehunr93

Jakes eat just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Lots of us took jakes as a first bird, especially us self-taught hunters it seems.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  Keep 'em going and I'm sure the longbeards will begin to fall in coming seasons!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 05, 2018, 06:03:22 PM
Lots of us took jakes as a first bird, especially us self-taught hunters it seems.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  Keep 'em going and I'm sure the longbeards will begin to fall in coming seasons!
Agreed

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

I doubt the smiles and memories were any less  :icon_thumright:

land cruiser

My first bird was a hen during fall season. After 3 years of failed attempts when I finally got an opportunity to take one, I did not think once. Still smile thinking about it, broke the spell.

owlhoot

Nothing wrong with that,especially when it's their first bird. Congrats to the young hunters.