OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mac green slate

Started by yelpy, May 03, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

Green slate Sold

yelpy

Mac glass in the pic for $45tyd

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

yelpy

TTT

Sir-diealot

Got my Spalted Maple with green slate in from Mac Calls the other day, sounds fantastic. There is no rain forecast for tomorrow so I will be taking it to the woods for the first time then.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

yelpy

Go for it! I bet she sounds mighty fine..
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 04, 2018, 03:50:34 PM
Got my Spalted Maple with green slate in from Mac Calls the other day, sounds fantastic. There is no rain forecast for tomorrow so I will be taking it to the woods for the first time then.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on May 04, 2018, 03:56:22 PM
Go for it! I bet she sounds mighty fine..
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 04, 2018, 03:50:34 PM

I did post it with a sound file, I always feel bad posting a sound file because I know I am not the best caller and fear people won't like the sound of the call and not want to buy from the sellers but people always want sound files so I added them. Here is the link if at all interested. Best of luck on the sale. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,83111.msg805412.html#msg805412
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

yelpy

That's the whole reason I don't run pots in the woods much. I suck at it when trying to work a bird. Once my adrenaline kicks in I shake way too much to even think about using that little striker on the surface.

Practice and the right teacher you will have that call singing.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on May 04, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
That's the whole reason I don't run pots in the woods much. I suck at it when trying to work a bird. Once my adrenaline kicks in I shake way too much to even think about using that little striker on the surface.

Practice and the right teacher you will have that call singing.

My teacher has been T.V and Youtube, nobody in my group turkey hunts. Well I did get a friend into it but after my car accident I was no longer able to help him and he has been through a lot with cancer, fused back, no bones on I think it is lower left rib cage, missing muscle in back and legs and other stuff so he let it go when I was no longer able to help him. I feel I sound okay in the woods, not great but good enough, I have called them in before I have just not been able to seal the deal.

I hear the way a lot of the guys are running calls here when they are selling them or showing them off so I try to do the same thing that they do, though I am not as good as they are.

John Koenig:

yelpy

Sorry to hear about your friend and your accident! Cancer is some nasty stuff. We lost a couple loved ones not to long ago from cancer. I hated seeing them suffer.

I'd say run smaller circles on that pot. It works for me. I run the tightest circle I can on any pot than extend it longer like an oval or make a slightly bigger circle as needed. Most of your running the pot should be in a circle the size of a dime or even smaller from what I gather.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on May 04, 2018, 06:33:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend and your accident! Cancer is some nasty stuff. We lost a couple loved ones not to long ago from cancer. I hated seeing them suffer.

I'd say run smaller circles on that pot. It works for me. I run the tightest circle I can on any pot than extend it longer like an oval or make a slightly bigger circle as needed. Most of your running the pot should be in a circle the size of a dime or even smaller from what I gather.

Thanks, he is a good guy and has been letting me use his truck the last couple of days so I could go hunting. Unfortuatly my plans for tomorrow are gone, think it has a blown brake line, it was leaking when I borrowed it.

Thank you, I was out of the game for a long time and will take any advise I can get.

John Koenig: