turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Carrying Gear

Started by Tracker12, May 01, 2018, 09:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracker12

So I have 2 decoys and a chair. Trying to come up with a good carry system. If I take a blind I use my deer cart.  Tried a backpack but two DSD won't go in

land cruiser

It depends on DSDs. Breeding hen and Jake fit into one of the dsd bags

stinkpickle

Will the two dekes (or at least the chair and one deke) fit in the blind bag if you take the blind out of it?

treein dixie

Duck decoy bag is your friend both decoys chair and blind all on your back

silvestris

I don't want to take non-essential items into the woods; I want to bring essential items from the woods.m
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

tha bugman

I modified my gobbler chair with a longer strap so I can sling it across my shoulders.  I would suggest getting a large decoy bag so you can put them all in one. 

Marc

I assume that you are not running & gunning?

I would probably design some sort of pack/strap system in which I could strap the chair and decoys to my back...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tracker12

When I run and gun i only carry one Deck and no chair.  This is for mostly field sits. 

joey46

As usual I thought I had a picture.  One of our cameras caught me moving from one pasture set up to the next.  Never weighed everything but betting it is considerable.  One Funky Chicken and two hen decoys in the bag. Vest, backpack, chair and camo netting included.  If I'm carrying the muzzleloader instead of the 870 add a pound or two.  Whew!  Definitely not for a run and gun but do often run and gun.

tha bugman

Redhead sells a large turkey decoy bag with backpack straps that works well.  The straps are not padded, so I would not want to be carrying too much weight in it.

coachA

I have seen people that use blinds alot carry them on a golf bag pull cart. You could actually, with some extra bungee cords, strap several accessories to it as will . 

tomstopper

I use my military issued green seabag and can fit my blind, chair, 2 decoys, and my shotgun in and it wears like a back pack. Very comfortable and if need be, it doesn't get in the way of me riding my bike into my hunting area

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

High plains drifter

Quote from: tomstopper on May 08, 2018, 09:30:22 AM
I use my military issued green seabag and can fit my blind, chair, 2 decoys, and my shotgun in and it wears like a back pack. Very comfortable and if need be, it doesn't get in the way of me riding my bike into my hunting area

Sent from my XT1710-02 using TapatalkThats a great idea!

dejake

I use a mesh laundry bag from Wallyworld

High plains drifter

Here is my take on carrying gear.Take the absolute minimum.Its a hassle carrying gear.