turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anodized aluminum conditioning

Started by ATROX, April 30, 2018, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATROX

How do you guys condition your anodized aluminum Calls?
Thanks

jshark14

Quote from: ATROX on April 30, 2018, 06:52:26 PM
How do you guys condition your anodized aluminum Calls?
Thanks

Some with alcohol pad only, and some with brown scotch brite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTH

Brown scothbrite works great.  400 wet/dry sandpaper worked great for me as well. The Van Cise anodized aluminum I have really started running consistent once I could see some of the silver color of the aluminum under the anodizing. Much better for the striker to bite on. I tried an alcohol wipe on it originally and it lost sound tone and all bite.
Phil 4:13

MikeStaten

Brown Scotch Brite and sometimes a little rain chalk.

owego

The best way is to throw it in trash can & buy a real aluminum call. Way would you waste a good day hunting with something that only works part time?

Bowguy

Quote from: owego on April 30, 2018, 08:53:30 PM
The best way is to throw it in trash can & buy a real aluminum call. Way would you waste a good day hunting with something that only works part time?
That's funny but incorrect. I use fine sandpaper and it seems the grooves just stay forever. Scotchbrite did work for a bit than ran part time. Dawkins I've never touched or chalked n it just runs

Chris O

Take 100 to  150 grit sandpaper to a small spot on it .You won't regret it. I usually see some silver under the black it's not completely silver. I think green anodized is a better no conditioning call surface. It grips a lot better imo

Harty

My call maker told me to clean with an alcohol pad. Aluminum is very sensitive to finger oils etc and will go slick if not kept clean. Occasionally condition with 320 grit sandpaper .