Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Early arrival to work, or barely make it??? Curious how we feel about this??

Started by Coroner01, April 30, 2018, 08:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I am the owner of my own practice...  I show up before the first patient is ready, and am generally the last to leave...

My wife is the queen of late...  At her previous job, she basically made herself indispensible, and let her boss know they could either let her show up late, or let her go...  They kept her.

Generally I like to be on time...  Yesterday we were the last to show up at a family party, and I mentioned this, and she said "what can we do???"  I said "we could leave earlier..."

When meeting people, I am generally on time or a few seconds early...  I have a friend who says "if you are not five minutes early, you are late..."
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

compton30

I'm there when they pay me to be there and I'm out of there as soon as they're no longer paying me. Simple.

snapper1982

I am usually 30ish minutes early but since season opened i have been an hour late but thats because the boss also hunts and we hunt every morning.

Jroddc

Tom Foolery

Uncle Nicky

My start time is 6:30, most days I'm there on time, never early. Sometimes I'm 15-20 minutes late, but I'm not on a crew, I work independently, and my supervisor strolls in at 8:30-9:00 every morning. I offer no apologies, I'm paid salary, not hourly, and I've often worked late or taken work home to meet a deadline. Traffic is ridiculous where I live, I used to stress years ago about getting in a few minutes early, but these days I'm not getting an ulcer over it or risking an accident or traffic ticket.  :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Snoodsniper

25- 30 minutes early. Worry about yourself everything else will work itself out in time.

At least that's been my experience in 25 years of the factory life.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkeyfoot

People that are constantly late wouldn't make it in my business the boss will be writing you up then comes suspension not to mention the previous shift is waiting on them for relief so angry co workers to boot. I my self hate to be late I can count on 2 fingers how many times its happened in 20 years once a wreck once downed power line

OJR

bbcoach

Retired now so it is a mute point with me.  When I did work, I normally was 15 minutes early everyday unless there was a traffic accident.  When I was a production supervisor, if I had an employee that was always late, he or she would be docked pay to see if that would solve the issue and finally let go if they didn't comply.  Normally removal of pay took care of the issue.

Cut N Run

I was raised in a house where it was better to be an hour early than a minute late. My wife, on the other hand, never shows up anywhere on time. It is not a good mix.

I own a business, so I start most mornings well before anyone else and I'm always the last one in the office. I'm glad I don't keep track of hours or I'd realize how little I was actually working for.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

G squared 23

Quote from: Marc on April 30, 2018, 09:04:31 PM
I am the owner of my own practice...  I show up before the first patient is ready, and am generally the last to leave...

My wife is the queen of late...  At her previous job, she basically made herself indispensible, and let her boss know they could either let her show up late, or let her go...  They kept her.

Generally I like to be on time...  Yesterday we were the last to show up at a family party, and I mentioned this, and she said "what can we do???"  I said "we could leave earlier..."

When meeting people, I am generally on time or a few seconds early...  I have a friend who says "if you are not five minutes early, you are late..."

My boss owns his own very busy practice and shows up 15 minutes late. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Rooms stacked full of patients, waiting room full. And then runs to catch up the entire morning, and normally has to work through lunch and is often the last to leave.  Doesn't make sense to me, in fact it gives me anxiety thinking about it.  Oh well, different strokes I suppose.