OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Early arrival to work, or barely make it??? Curious how we feel about this??

Started by Coroner01, April 30, 2018, 08:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coroner01

I work with a couple people at my work, one especially that is constantly late.  He is 10-15 minutes late every day.  We have no time clock, its an honor system.  I finally started leaving on time, calling our answering service and putting him on duty with our boss as back up.  This has helped.  So, my wife is the late arrival to work and I have no grounds to stand on with her about this.  How does everyone do at work.  Are you the one on time or ten-fifteen minutes early like me, or do you stroll in at the final moment.  AL

outdoors

I can't give you any ideas to work with
I'v punch a clock for over 40 years .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

1iagobblergetter

I'm on time. Don't punch a clock either. I'm not afraid to take days or even a week off at the drop of a hat(hunting season) if everything can run without me..  :funnyturkey: if someone was consistently late they wouldn't last long working with me..

guesswho

I'm retired now.  But when I did work I was always about an hour early.  I could usually get more done during that quiet hour than I could in about 4 hours of regular business hours.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Bowguy

Late to work is stealing time. I'm never late unless I have something to do such as get in a quick morn hunt. I approve it w the boss.
It'd be nice if 10-15mins late was all the guys were. I just start when I get to the job and go home after my time is up.
Being late is straight up lazy and shows disrespect for the boss and your fellow employees that count on you.
I work construction so no clock either. I'd fire someone for being chronically late.

kjnengr

I vary sometimes.  Sometimes I'm 15 minutes early, sometimes I'm 10 minutes late.  I have a clear conscience though as I stay 30 minutes to an hour longer than everyone else and I don't take as long of lunches as most of the people in my office. 

tomstopper

On time unless it's not feasible which is rare

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

eddie234

I'm always early, and usually leave late. I'd never allow an employee to be consistently late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catdaddy

Quote from: Coroner01 on April 30, 2018, 08:30:08 AM
I work with a couple people at my work, one especially that is constantly late.  He is 10-15 minutes late every day.  We have no time clock, its an honor system.  I finally started leaving on time, calling our answering service and putting him on duty with our boss as back up.  This has helped.  So, my wife is the late arrival to work and I have no grounds to stand on with her about this.  How does everyone do at work.  Are you the one on time or ten-fifteen minutes early like me, or do you stroll in at the final moment.  AL

I arrive an hour early--every day for 30 years. I'm the last to leave about 50% of the time.  My recommendation is to just do your thing and don't worry about others. Remember--" The cream always rises to the top".

tha bugman

On time during turkey season.  About 30 minutes early everyday during the rest of the year, I like having the coffee ready when my co-workers arrive~!  :icon_thumright: 

Divenut2

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

dublelung

I'm 30 minutes early every morning. My co worker is 5 to 10 minutes late consistently. Drives me and the others nuts.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Divenut2 on April 30, 2018, 12:38:48 PM
If you're not early....you're late!
Yep  I'm like Bowguy on this.  Can't tolerate it.  Like said, it's stealing time.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Boykin Hollow

If you are early then you are on time
If you are on time then you are late
And if you are late, don't bother to show up !!!!!

That was taught to my daughter by her fast pitch high school softball coach.  It paid off later in life as she is always on time for work, appointments and church !!! 

It probably helped too that her old man dad is always early and NEVER late.

rifleman

I worked for the govt. and was never late unless there were traffic emergencies.  That is not the normal, most arrive on time and then run to the cafeteria for breakfast.  Upon returning esp. on Mondays they had to discuss the Redskin's game for the next half hour.  Usually the early arrivals where in a position of responsibility for the office and they leave early.  I worked in one of the top offices at my agency and the chief was always early and didn't leave until well after normal hours.  Don't let me get started on smoke breaks occurring every half hour.