only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How much would YOU pay for a platz glass call

Started by Happy hooker, April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

SteelerFan

Quote from: Happy hooker on April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM
I'm wondering?? If you had a chance to get a platz walnut glass in excellent condition what would be the highest "cash" amount you would go for one.
Like to hear a lot of input,ceilings.

$80 - $100

Spitten and drummen

take a look on ebay and see what they sale for.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

yelpy

Quote from: Bowhuntr73 on April 29, 2018, 07:37:49 PM
The same price as a Shaffer or Roberts. We place demand higher than quality. Many call makers make calls that are the same quality as Platz calls but we have to obtain the calls. Are they any better than a Platz?? I don't know but take away the name on the calls and let's see who can tell the difference???? All I am saying is guys will say that certain calls are the best- do you think the turkey says "nope I'm not coming cause that's a call not made by a top shelf maker?" Seriously? Buy the calls you like, hunt the calls you like and just enjoy the hunt! We over emphasize these high end calls to the point we are getting away from what it is all about.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

I bet if I listed mine on here for 300 bucks , it would be gone within a few hours. Just saying. Peoples opinions vary and anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. May be crazy but that's the way it goes.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 30, 2018, 05:28:50 PM
I bet if I listed mine on here for 300 bucks , it would be gone within a few hours. Just saying. Peoples opinions vary and anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. May be crazy but that's the way it goes.

Agreed. Sort of... I don't think your call would last a couple of hours though - lol.

OP asked how much I would pay - and I'm sticking to my $80 - $100. But I KNOW folks will go much, much higher.

sbbow

Had them an traded them. There are a lot of callmakers that sound just as good jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pooh4459

On this site I bet you posted your platz for $350 and it would be gone within 20 mins. Me no way of course I said that about a box call to and just bought a fiddle box for almost $300. I mean a single striker just sold for $100 yesterday in mins.

southern_leo

I wish I had some to sell you fellers lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

I have 2 brand new ones 650 a piece any takers?

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: BottomLand54 on April 30, 2018, 10:01:19 PM

Dang ...For that price you probably couldn't afford to trim a little off if a fella bought 2 could ya...  :TooFunny: Don't forget O.G.pictures rule...

BottomLand54

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 01, 2018, 09:46:05 AM

Dang ...For that price you probably couldn't afford to trim a little off if a fella bought 2 could ya...  :TooFunny: Don't forget O.G.pictures rule...
Hahahahaha man that's hilarious I needed that today!

TauntoHawk

My value and the Damand market value will make sure I never own one I just don't see them aligning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BottomLand54

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 01, 2018, 09:46:05 AM

1300.00 for 2 with free shipping.

Ow pictures what's that?

Honesty I do not own a platz because every sound file I have heard I have 40.00 glass pots that sound as good if not better. I would give probably 50.00 for a new platz. That's just my opinion but I have paid allot more for other calls that probably were not worth the price but I wanted them.

So if a man wants to may 200-400.00 for one that's him I'm not gonna knock him.

Some guys pay 2500.00 for a Gibson call so it's all in what you like.

Some guys buy fords I ain't never understood that either.