OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Success in Missouri?

Started by lowoctane, April 29, 2018, 06:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

Hey Show Me hunters: I've been hunting in north central MO with little to no gobbling and wondering what the rest of the state is doing. Thx! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

SinGin

Went out this morning to CA in Randolph Co. we usually get on a couple but didn't even hear a single gobble today. This was the third day my neighbor hunted it this year and he's heard a total of one gobbles out there so far this year.

stinkpickle

They're probably hoarse from gobbling earlier in the week.  I could hear birds sounding off for miles last Monday.

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

idratherb

Prohunter3509

I hunted all week on m.t. n.f. including Monday and gobbling is way down all week I heard 4 birds brought one home and 2 of them on private land. It was bad

beardhunter87

Hunted private and conservation land, only Gobbles I'm heard is one turkey mid day. Been my worse year ever with little to no action! What's going on? Season gonna be over and it get ramped back up?

Dtrkyman

I killed one a few days ago, was a rough week, little roost gobbling and then pretty much nothing after, got in the way of a flock one morning and killed one, i could see the bird on the limb, he gobble 4 times total and the weather was perfect.

stinkpickle

dublelung

I just got home from West MO and heard gobblers every day but it didn't last long once they hit the ground. Heard evening gobbles 2 days. Killed one about 30 seconds after his feet hit the ground.

HookedonHooks

They've been getting fired up in West Central Missouri this last week. First week super sucked.

Not much gobbling too long after they hit the ground, but lots of roost gobbling.

stinkpickle

Yeah, I should've been more specific.  They were gobbling their heads off on the roost, but shut up shortly after flydown.  However, they always seem to do that.

Ozark Ridge Runner

I was in west central and it was pretty good IMO.  I have a friends place that had 9 longboards ripping it up most of the first week.  The population is most definitely down over that part of the state overall though.  I hunt a 600  acre dairy that only had one tom on it as far a I could tell.  20 years ago it would have 15 or more.  I knocked off a couple in Mo. and a couple in Kansas.

Lots of gobbling in Franklin county the past 4 days. Sunday morning there were 6 toms ripping it up till 8AM. This morning they were at it again but I was done by 6:30 AM (22 pounder) so I can't say how long it lasted. But they were sounding off the whole time as I walked back to the vehicle.

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life