turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Back from SoDak

Started by ghillie, April 22, 2011, 10:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Had a successful hunt in SoDak...VERY cold, snow, rain and wind.  made for a challenge but that is what I strive for.  Wish my buddy could have made it cuz it was the first time for me.  The landowner got me on birds the first day, pretty sweet to say the least!  First season hunting over the DSD's...all I can say is Clementin, Pretty Peggy-O, Rubin and Cherise came through!!

Pretty Perrgy-O and Clementine earning their keep back home!

Anyway...first night there and it snows a couple of inches after raing for like three days there.  Temps were in the high 20's and low 30's the whole time there.

Full story of the hunts are on the VooDoo contest page as well as score...not the best scoring birds but I hear the prairie birds are about the stories and good times and not so much about the size!  Here are a couple of pics...enjoy!

we don't have these in Iowa any more!    :lol:  I was in awe of all the roosters out there!!

A good sign!!

Hognutz

Very nice, Ghillie. Great pictures, nice birds..Way to go..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

Congrats one a nice bird!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice going,congrats!!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

WyoHunter

Nice birds and nice pics! Congrats!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mossy835

Looks like you had a good time and did well with the birds. Nice looking pheasant in the first picture.

bird

Your pictures and stories make me smile Steve.  That is my favorite place to hunt.  I am very happy that you enjoyed yourself.

Congrats my friend

Al

ghillie

Quote from: bird on April 22, 2011, 11:06:29 AM
Your pictures and stories make me smile Steve.  That is my favorite place to hunt.  I am very happy that you enjoyed yourself.

Congrats my friend

Al

Thanks buddy!  That means a lot...it's been a tough season for me...since Joe blew his head off in the hospital parking lot last Jan...it's been really strange not having him around...we used to tear up the woods!!  It just feels off though...I'm at a loss but making the best of it...just gotta move on and not get so pissed off about the whole deal    ya know?

The local tavern was closed for some up grades...new deck, siding etc...etc...and I was the only one in the cabins...no one else was there...it was very quiet!!  Really nice out there...the wildlife is truly amazing...I felt like I was where I was supposed to be...like I knew the place...very strange indeed...

Next time buddy!!!  WE will bust some heads!!!!

bowhunter84

congrats on a great hunt

ghillie

njdevilsb

Congrats on your success.

Turkey Trot

What region of the state were you in?

It's a good state for hunting, but not for weather.  I've never figured out how those folks can take the winters.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

paintbrush

Congrats on a couple of fine birds ghillie! Way to go!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

turkey slayer

beautiful birds congrats!