turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

There has got to be a scientific reason

Started by Sir-diealot, April 26, 2018, 05:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Its the lizard robots, they have 3 right hands.

Coroner01

Years ago I just decided to go with cheap .99 cent brown gloves from gas station.  Every time I think about it, I buy another pair.  I, along with you are in the same boat as my right handed ones with the finger cut out for the trigger all find a new hiding place.  al

mikejd

Do you carry TP in the woods..If not that may be the reason all the right hands are gone.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Marc on April 27, 2018, 02:08:37 AM
As long as I have a left and a right, I am OK...

I do not like mesh gloves due to a mishap with catching the mesh in the trigger once...
I hope nobody was hurt. I did find another pair that I cut the finger off of because I use a release for archery, I just fear they will be to warm to wear as the season goes on.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 27, 2018, 06:39:23 AM
Its the lizard robots, they have 3 right hands.
Must somehow be related to the Sleestak's

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Coroner01 on April 27, 2018, 07:02:55 AM
Years ago I just decided to go with cheap .99 cent brown gloves from gas station.  Every time I think about it, I buy another pair.  I, along with you are in the same boat as my right handed ones with the finger cut out for the trigger all find a new hiding place.  al
The problem I run into often is that the palms of my hands are large but the fingers are short so I tend to end up with gloves that are to long on me.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: mikejd on April 27, 2018, 08:35:51 AM
Do you carry TP in the woods..If not that may be the reason all the right hands are gone.
Sure do, added a roll to the turkey backpack last night. There is already one in the Archery backpack.

John Koenig:

Marc

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 27, 2018, 11:03:49 AM

I do not like mesh gloves due to a mishap with catching the mesh in the trigger once...
I hope nobody was hurt. I did find another pair that I cut the finger off of because I use a release for archery, I just fear they will be to warm to wear as the season goes on.

Nobody was hurt...  Incident took place some 20 + years ago.

I actually had a bird cross a creek and came behind the tree I was sitting against...  It was a large tree, and I turned around, and he literally walked under my gun barrel (I would have had to back up to shoot him).  As I took off the safety, my mesh gloves got caught in the trigger, and while trying to clear my fingers and reposition, the gun discharged (pointed in a safe direction with the barrel still over the birds head)...

The barrel was above the bird, and it rang his bell...  The bird staggered away (obviously disoriented) and I finished him off at about 10 yards away as he started to regain his composure.

It occurred to me that I had breached a couple major safety rules...  I should have put the safety back on before trying to remove my finger that was caught in the trigger, and secondly, gun safety should have taken precedence over killing a turkey...  Luckily, I was cognizant of the muzzle direction...

Admittedly while a "funny" experience, it was a bit of a wake-up...  I considered myself to be well-versed in gun safety, and pretty much above having an "incident."  Any accidental discharge is disconcerting, and reminds us that gun safety is an issue no matter how experienced we are.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Marc on April 27, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 27, 2018, 11:03:49 AM

Nobody was hurt...  Incident took place some 20 + years ago.

I actually had a bird cross a creek and came behind the tree I was sitting against...  It was a large tree, and I turned around, and he literally walked under my gun barrel (I would have had to back up to shoot him).  As I took off the safety, my mesh gloves got caught in the trigger, and while trying to clear my fingers and reposition, the gun discharged (pointed in a safe direction with the barrel still over the birds head)...

The barrel was above the bird, and it rang his bell...  The bird staggered away (obviously disoriented) and I finished him off at about 10 yards away as he started to regain his composure.

It occurred to me that I had breached a couple major safety rules...  I should have put the safety back on before trying to remove my finger that was caught in the trigger, and secondly, gun safety should have taken precedence over killing a turkey...  Luckily, I was cognizant of the muzzle direction...

Admittedly while a "funny" experience, it was a bit of a wake-up...  I considered myself to be well-versed in gun safety, and pretty much above having an "incident."  Any accidental discharge is disconcerting, and reminds us that gun safety is an issue no matter how experienced we are.
Glad nobody was hurt. I have had a accidental discharge with a muzzle loader once, I had been hunting behind a forked tree for years up on a hill (Got my first buck there, a nice 6 point that was very symmetrical) Well this day I decided to go up the hill to look on the other side and it is very steep, most parts you go up it on all fours but near the top part of the steep area is a little flatter just before you get to the top where it is perfectly flat. Well I know I had lowered my hammer on the cap when I started up the hill but just before the top where it is a little flatter I looked down and saw that the hammer was at what I thought was half cock and tired to adjust myself so that I could lower the hammer and I lost my footing and shot the hill above me sending gravel into my face. It was one of the times I was glad that I spent the extra money for safety lenses for my glasses. If the kid that normally hunted with me had been with me that day I would have at the very least wounded him and knowing a bit about anatomy I know depending on where I hit him in the leg I could have killed him. Not I don't care if it is a pain in the neck, I always take the primer off before I move, even in my inline muzzle loader.

John Koenig:

WNCTracker

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 26, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 26, 2018, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 26, 2018, 06:53:47 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 26, 2018, 06:44:04 PM
Heck you can't even go mismatched. It looks like you lost all the right hands. Lol...I think guesswho is onto something... :TooFunny:
Yea I like to ....... nose pick while I am sitting in the blind.
Have You thought of changing your O.G.name to Sir-picksalot...???
Naw, can't do that, name means something to me. Guess I will explain it, The Sir in my name comes from a book my mother got me when I was young on knights and armor. Dude gets knighted and becomes Sir so and so. The diealot (Die a lot) came from several friend but mainly one. When I had my car accident back in 2001 I could not hunt due to pain, I had a hard time standing, sitting, or laying down but I found well padded office chairs gave relief. Well I wound up also getting into computers and computer gaming as many of my friends were into it. My friend Jerry used to pick on me all the time, he would say "Man you die a lot" constantly because well it was true. I combined the two interest together to come up with Sir-diealot My mother had already passed in 95 and Jerry died as a result of burns he got at a campfire one night 14 years ago this Sept. 7 He was one of the best friends I have ever had in my life, could start and argument with you and then turn around in the middle of the argument and make a wise comment and make you start laughing so hard you would cry. I have tried to do as much as I could with his kids though my pain has limited me, I love taking them fishing when I can but right now the vehicle is down. Neither boy is into hunting and his daughters mother moved them to FL which breaks my heat because the daughter and I had a very special relationship, truth be told she had me wrapped around her little finger. So this is why on just about every forum I am on I use my gamer tag to honor and remember them both.
Man this is awesome to read. Thank you for sharing that. I've often thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread about what your OG name means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: WNCTracker on April 27, 2018, 04:52:18 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 26, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 26, 2018, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 26, 2018, 06:53:47 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 26, 2018, 06:44:04 PM
Heck you can't even go mismatched. It looks like you lost all the right hands. Lol...I think guesswho is onto something... :TooFunny:
Yea I like to ....... nose pick while I am sitting in the blind.
Have You thought of changing your O.G.name to Sir-picksalot...???
Naw, can't do that, name means something to me. Guess I will explain it, The Sir in my name comes from a book my mother got me when I was young on knights and armor. Dude gets knighted and becomes Sir so and so. The diealot (Die a lot) came from several friend but mainly one. When I had my car accident back in 2001 I could not hunt due to pain, I had a hard time standing, sitting, or laying down but I found well padded office chairs gave relief. Well I wound up also getting into computers and computer gaming as many of my friends were into it. My friend Jerry used to pick on me all the time, he would say "Man you die a lot" constantly because well it was true. I combined the two interest together to come up with Sir-diealot My mother had already passed in 95 and Jerry died as a result of burns he got at a campfire one night 14 years ago this Sept. 7 He was one of the best friends I have ever had in my life, could start and argument with you and then turn around in the middle of the argument and make a wise comment and make you start laughing so hard you would cry. I have tried to do as much as I could with his kids though my pain has limited me, I love taking them fishing when I can but right now the vehicle is down. Neither boy is into hunting and his daughters mother moved them to FL which breaks my heat because the daughter and I had a very special relationship, truth be told she had me wrapped around her little finger. So this is why on just about every forum I am on I use my gamer tag to honor and remember them both.
Man this is awesome to read. Thank you for sharing that. I've often thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread about what your OG name means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're welcome. Jerry was an incredible friend, I still smile, laugh and cry when I think of him.

John Koenig:

Gooserbat

The reason I end up with mismatched gloves is the same reason I've cut sleeves from t-shirts.  Also why I'll never pick up any glove I find in the woods.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 27, 2018, 10:58:07 PM
The reason I end up with mismatched gloves is the same reason I've cut sleeves from t-shirts.  Also why I'll never pick up any glove I find in the woods.
Would not go well if they used mesh gloves.

John Koenig:

Gooserbat

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 27, 2018, 11:10:32 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on April 27, 2018, 10:58:07 PM
Would not go well if they used mesh gloves.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.