turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tim Fralick Custom Calls

Started by Sir-diealot, April 20, 2018, 03:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Anybody familiar with him? I think I may try to pick up a scratch box from him next month if I can swing it. He is also in NY the price and sound are right and I like to try to buy from locals. https://www.facebook.com/timfralickcustomcalls1/videos/2068641933394776/ https://www.facebook.com/timfralickcustomcalls1/
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

No but that scratch box does sound good and I do have an addiction to scratch boxes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 20, 2018, 03:38:10 PM
No but that scratch box does sound good and I do have an addiction to scratch boxes

I have one but striker was lost, it was kind with slate on the edge of the striker. I think 35 shipped is a very fair price.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

I'll tell you what's a great one for cheap is L&L turkey calls guys name is Greg he has a cedar two sided scratch box for $18 and the thing is straight fire. Never leaves my vest and I've got a pile of good scratch boxes

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 20, 2018, 03:45:40 PM
I'll tell you what's a great one for cheap is L&L turkey calls guys name is Greg he has a cedar two sided scratch box for $18 and the thing is straight fire. Never leaves my vest and I've got a pile of good scratch boxes

I will be sure to look into it, could you by chance provide a link please?

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 20, 2018, 03:53:02 PM
Never mind, found it. http://www.llcustomturkeycalls.com/products.html
That's it.. Sometimes I mix of strikers on it as I tend to carry two scratch boxes but 4 or 5 strikers in a little felt bag. But that thing gets a bunch of woods time and I really like that its double sided and they do have 1 higher and 1 lower pitched sides.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 20, 2018, 03:58:55 PM
That's it.. Sometimes I mix of strikers on it as I tend to carry two scratch boxes but 4 or 5 strikers in a little felt bag. But that thing gets a bunch of woods time and I really like that its double sided and they do have 1 higher and 1 lower pitched sides.

If I can swing it I will go for the local guy's first, but will be sure to check out others including others here, there are such pieces of art here I would love to get one of the scratch boxes here.

John Koenig:

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 20, 2018, 04:05:49 PM

If I can swing it I will go for the local guy's first, but will be sure to check out others including others here, there are such pieces of art here I would love to get one of the scratch boxes here.
Buckeye B on here does awesome wood burning scenes on his he's a member here, SS builds a good one I have about 5 from him in all different wood combos and they've notched a bunch of dead birds, Scott Basehores are top notch but can take some work to find. I got Greg at L&L building me a walnut one of his double sider to go with the cedar I have.

Russell beard and beard hunter also has a great cedar 2 sider that can crank like a box call I gave mine away so I need another of those.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 20, 2018, 04:24:35 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 20, 2018, 04:05:49 PM

Buckeye B on here does awesome wood burning scenes on his he's a member here, SS builds a good one I have about 5 from him in all different wood combos and they've notched a bunch of dead birds, Scott Basehores are top notch but can take some work to find. I got Greg at L&L building me a walnut one of his double sider to go with the cedar I have.

Russell beard and beard hunter also has a great cedar 2 sider that can crank like a box call I gave mine away so I need another of those.

I really do have to start being very careful with what I spend, if my GF had not decided to wait to get her van fixed (Our only transportation) then I would not have been able to get the 2 calls I bought here. We split the price on that stuff as it is only right. I am trying to get it fixed by next week or I am going to have a very short turkey season this year. Like maybe 7 days short. So anything else will have to wait for now.

I am not sure who does it but I have seen somebody here that makes them with the bark still on the wood and I like that idea as my hands have been messed up from frostbite a car accident and well in all honesty punching people when I was young and very stupid and I think that those may be easier to hold on to because of the texture.

John Koenig:

Treerooster

I have a Burville Bomber from Tim. Got it in 2006 and its been one of my main calls since. Called a lot of gobblers in with it over the years. Still use it today.

Its a walnut paddle over black limba.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Treerooster on April 20, 2018, 04:41:47 PM
I have a Burville Bomber from Tim. Got it in 2006 and its been one of my main calls since. Called a lot of gobblers in with it over the years. Still use it today.

Its a walnut paddle over black limba.

Thank you for the reply, very nice looking call. I am conversing with him now on Facebook.

John Koenig:

Treerooster

Tell him Treerooster posted his Bomber. I bet he will remember me.

Sir-diealot

Just let him know. I set it up to get a osage orange and sumac from him like in the video. I can't wait. I have to go pay attention to the dog, she is really moping because I have been on the PC so long, we will watch some turkey hunting videos together :D

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

John Koenig: