OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snowy Day Success

Started by The Southpaw, April 17, 2018, 12:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Southpaw

What a morning to remember in West Virginia. This bird knocked my hat off with a gobble while he was still on the roost, but he only gobbled a couple of times once he hit the ground. After a few setups, I decided to move locations again. While walking the public access trail, I figured it would be good to make a few calls close to where I had originally setup at daylight, just to see if he had snuck in after I had left. Sure enough, as soon as the calling sequence was over, I heard the unmistakable sound of a Tom drumming. I immediately laid down and belly crawled to the nearest tree. The Tom continued to drum, but would not move from the safety of the laurel that he was in. Every so often, I caught glimpses of his tail fan moving through the brush. But it took nearly ten minutes for him to present a shot at his head. It was a fantastic experience on our wonderful public lands

eddie234

Very nice, congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

POk3s

zelmo1

Well done brother, Congrats :drool:

RemingtonRules

You need lighter color camo for that

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

sswv

good bird, congratulations.  I'm in southern WV and the wind chill was 10 above this morning.  Looking forward to more spring like weather.

idratherb

great picture, you look like a bad @ss

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!! :happy0064:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

renegade19

1iagobblergetter

Congrats. Snow and cold take spring turkey hunting to another level. Just glad its not every spring..Nice one... :icon_thumright:

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! Well done brother

surehuntsalot

congrats on a great hunt
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

hobbes