turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#3 down in South Alabama

Started by Coop1082, April 12, 2018, 10:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

I got to partner up with my best friend (my father) this morning and we put a end to this fella's days. The hunt was over before 7 AM. From the moment his feet hit the ground he hammered the whole way in until he went quite for all of 2 minutes. The next gobble was 10 yards to our right and it all but busted Dad's ear drum and might or might not have made me pee myself! First bird I've ever killed that didn't even have a hint of a spur. He is spurless on both sides but he sported a 11.5" rope and had one hell of a gobble! At 28 years old I still relish in every single moment spent in the woods with my Dad and when we get to walk out with one of these fellas on one of our shoulders, it just puts the icing on the cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

turkeymanjim

Nice story, congrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

POk3s

Great hunt! I'll turn 27 in a week and I feel the same as you about spending time with my dad. We are very fortunate to have this type of relationship with our fathers.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]

vt35mag

hobbes

Congrats!  Those unexpected gobbles from that close can sure rattle a guy.

We've killed several spurless adult Merriam's.   It apparently occurs more often with them than Easterns.

PharmHunter

Fantastic to share those moments with your dad.  Good stuff

dublelung

Congrats to you and your dad on time well spent!
I'm 48 and my Dad is 73 we try to make it a point to at least hunt opening day together every year. Tomorrow will be our first hunt together this year.

SteelerFan

deadbuck

Congrats, btw what brand of lightweight camo shirt is that you are wearing? Is it as lightweight as it appears?

Coop1082

We certainly enjoy the time spent together period, but in the woods together takes the cake! When it comes to turkey hunting which we both love more than words could ever explain it only makes these moments all the more memorable. I don't have an exact count of how many birds we have shared together but as long as the number keeps going up and we get get to keep doing what we love to do together, I'll be a happy man!! Deadbuck, that is a Nomad 1/4 zip shirt. It is one of the best investments I've made especially for south Alabama. Hands down the most breathable shirt I've ever owned!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to you. I wish my father had lived longer, I only ever went on one hunt with him and well I was talking the whole time. I still remember it well though, one of my favorite memories of him even though things did not turn out well on the hunting side.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

Great bird, better memory, congrats