turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

H and R ejector/extractor?

Started by gotcha, April 20, 2011, 08:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotcha

The empty shell casing does not pop out of my 20 ga pardner after firing,unfired shell extracts properly.Other than a thourough cleaning,any ideas.Its a new gun and the shells are Federal heavyweight 7's.I currently have a "true single shot"in every sense of the phrase.Other than than it throws a wickid pattern with a PG .570.

surehuntsalot

extractor

the shell pops up just enough for you to get your fingernail under the rim of the shell
my H&R 45-70 is the same way,and I like it that way,no looking all over the country for fired brass
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

On some O/U it will push it up so you can get hold of it.  Now that is if you not open it all the way.  If you open it all the way it will kick them out.  Try this to see if it works on this gun.  I have not ever checked one to see.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

mightyjoeyoung

I have had SEVERAL H&R models from rifles to shotguns.  Out of the 7 different guns, I had 2 that whould hang up.  One was a .223 and the other was a 12 gauge.  The chambers are not/were cut to the correct diameter.  A little polishing took care of the problem toot sweet.  Yes I said toot sweet. :lol:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

the newer H&R's both shotgun and rifles have extractors not ejectors
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gotcha

Thanks guys,I have polished the cylinder with a scotchbrite but have not tried it yet.I have to drive one hour plus to legally fire a gun.I read over on a Hand R forum to shim the spring to help increse the pressure as well.

That being said me and a buddy were able to shoot a double{osceolas}with it this spring.It got alittle hectic to say the least but we managed.