OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

&@;"::); I missed!!!!!

Started by Trevor2, April 20, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Got rained out of work today so it was 830 before I got in my camo and headed to the woods in thunderstorm. Bird was already in the field with a hen. I eased into the barn as this was the only way to get set up on him without him seeing me. I called and waited him out, finally at 1100 he stepped in my wheel house at 42 steps. Safety off, careful aim, squeeze the trigger, boom, he trots off WTF. And just like instinct I look at my gun and nottto make excuses but honestly my rear sight was bought to fall off the rail my set screw had backed out and let it slide almost off the rear wedge. Problem fixed, eating lunch and gettin back after hIm
Strutstopper

LX_Trkyhntr

Dang it man!  Good luck when you get back on him!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

archery1

THAT SUCKS... HOPE TO REDEEM URSELF LATER.. PUT SOME FINGER NAIL POLISH ON THE SCREW OR LOCKTIGHT IF U PLAN ON NEVER TAKING IT OFF..
Take a kid hunting

Trevor2

Mmm I don't have any lock tight but ol lady has some polish, do I put it on the threads?
Strutstopper

Basser69

Sorry about the miss.

Yes, put it on the threads then tighten it up. You will pay heck ever getting it to break loose when that stuff dries

BOFF

At least it reads like a clean miss. As long as you didn't move, he may think it was thunder. Although a turkey is smart enough to make us look dumb, I doubt he is smart enough to distinguish what makes the boom.

God Bless,
David B.

trkehunr93

Hognutz

I hate it when my sights fall off. It's never happened to me, but I will hate it if it ever happens..Got that? ???
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

spitndrum

Ol'Mossy

It happens to the best of us  ;D

Trevor2

well after lunch I went back after him. Set my blind up and decoys and settled in with a book. Wasn't fifteen mins and I had a hen outthere and them heard him gobble over two hundred times I'd say. He was double gobbling his fool head off. He came out and strutted for three hours with his hens and never ggot closer than 100 yards of me. Wouldn't even pay my decoys no mind. Definately a show i'd loved to got on camera. I'll bust him before long hopefully. Also had another bird gobbling while I was watching this one
Strutstopper

J.Davidson

If u would take ur cousin down there hed show u how not to miss LoL!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

Trevor2

Strutstopper

harvester

Hate that you missed but there is always a next time for that bird.