OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester supreme elite Xtended range hi-density?

Started by owlhoot, March 31, 2018, 01:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Yoder409

I had used a few  3 1/2" #6's.   They are a very good shell.

Can't get em anymore, so...................     Still have several boxes left.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

owlhoot

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 31, 2018, 01:09:38 PM
I had used a few  3 1/2" #6's.   They are a very good shell.

Can't get em anymore, so...................     Still have several boxes left.
Like a lot of loads. I know Just like Federal Hw7 recently and others. The point of stocking up on what works good for you.

Yoder409

I'm pretty well stocked up on the Federal Heavy 7 20 gauge.

The Supreme Elites................. I have enough to shoot a bunch of birds.  But if I go to start fine tuning a sight in..........it would eat up a couple season's worth.  So there they sit.  I'm shooting Longbeard XR's now.  Hopefully it'll be a while before that rug gets pulled out from under our feet.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

deer655

I don't think the elites are sold anymore unless they just renamed them. They were the best shell made until longbeards came along. Longbeards are about half the price of what I was paying for elites and the longbeards pattern much better out of my old winchester 120 pump.

Dirtybird552

Used a 3 1/2 #6 this am to bust a MS gobbler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 31, 2018, 02:48:37 PM
I'm pretty well stocked up on the Federal Heavy 7 20 gauge.

The Supreme Elites................. I have enough to shoot a bunch of birds.  But if I go to start fine tuning a sight in..........it would eat up a couple season's worth.  So there they sit.  I'm shooting Longbeard XR's now.  Hopefully it'll be a while before that rug gets pulled out from under our feet.

Just picked up 30 rounds of the 3" . Have 16 of 2 3/4" 6's from a while back before the elite was added.
Killed turkey good.  Have any recommendations for chokes ? 870 or beretta.

owlhoot

Quote from: Dirtybird552 on March 31, 2018, 03:20:05 PM
Used a 3 1/2 #6 this am to bust a MS gobbler!

Congrats on a nice one.

mightyjoeyoung

The Supreme Elites are being brought back, but mainly in waterfowl loading with modest payloads at 1450 fps velocities  from what I've seen.  It's a bismuth and nickel type pellet if I remember correctly.  About as dense as lead, but not as hard  steel. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

strutter

I used the 3" # 5 with great success out of my Win1300. Only have 1 shell left switched to Longbeard.

sevetts

Easily my favorite load I've ever shot! I will continue to use them hopefully for a long time. They are the reason I haven't switched to TSS.

FLGobstopper

I still have 2 boxes but haven't carried the 12 ga in about 3 seasons since I switched to the 20 and Fed Hvywt. I have a great old bottomland gun that's all I've shot out of it since that load came out. Wish they still made it.

mightyjoeyoung

Had probably 20 boxes each of the 3.5" and 3" 6s, but sold most of it off after they discontinued it.  Now I wish I hadn't. Stuff was pure turkey death. 

mspaci

There is a local shop here w/ tons of the old extended range, they cant sell them, lol,  Mike

mightyjoeyoung