turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Off the roost or late morning?

Started by Meatseeker, March 31, 2018, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanz7935

First 3 hours for me. More times than not, roosted=roasted.

MK M GOBL

I love hunting the first 3 hours, the next hour is nap time then the next 3 hours to kill a bird!

MK M GOBL

zelmo1

DrDirtNap

First two or three hours of daylight for me.  I have found over the years that I have adapted more aggressive hunting tactics and my kill times have moved earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Tom

:wave:If been working one at first light, have killed most mine little before 7:00....if not on the ground by then, most by 10-11:00. But nothing like killing him that first hour or so.

Flyinhunter

I've had more luck late morning.  But agree that there is nothing like sun coming up on a clear morning and hearing all the birds gobble on roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Foolery

I killed a nice bird yesterday, 23lbs, 11.5" beard and blunt 1 1/8" spurs, that was the 2nd turkey I've ever killed before 9am.  All the rest of mine have been between 9am and 2pm.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

stinkpickle

Statistically, my best luck happens within the first three hours.

Sir-diealot

There is little I like more than watching all God's creatures come alive first thing in the morning and hearing all the different bird calls. It is just one of those things regardless of what I am hunting if I get what I am after or not makes hunting so worth it to me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wade

Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 01, 2018, 11:44:34 AM
I love hunting the first 3 hours, the next hour is nap time then the next 3 hours to kill a bird!

MK M GOBL

That's my method also.
Do it outdoors

Cut N Run

Most of mine come from between 7:30-10:30.  Some before, some after, but most are in that window.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

chcltlabz

Definitely 9 - noon.  If I get a bird to answer hard twice at that time, 90% of the time he's taking a truck ride.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

bghunter777

I feel like many will say they kill birds early simply because chronologically early morning comes before 9-12. I do enjoy the early morning and hearing the world come alive however if I had to kill a bird I would take 9-12 you hear less but he ones you do typically are more likely to respond to a call.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Like others I like to be out there to hear them waking up but as far as killing goes 09:00-12:00