OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

a special day

Started by 3bailey3, March 28, 2018, 06:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Well today is my 55 birthday and i always try and hunt my parents land on this day. The land was my grand fathers and has been our family for close tp 100 years. I had only hunted here one other time this year and had a bird gobbling good but he would not leave the hen, i get there this morning and bird is in the same spot but not gobbling good after he gets on the ground he only gobbles once and i call to him with a pot call and nothing but i see two walk by, After sitting there for over a hour i get out my Fulkerson hen box and yelp a few times nothing wait about 10 minutes and yelp again and still nothing i am getting ready to leave and i decide to get as loud as i could with some cutting, nothing i laid the box down and was thinking of where to try next when my phone had a text and my buddy said hang with them, when i laid my phone down and looked up here come six hens running towards me and they cut out of the plot and into woods at 40 yards and then i see one running in from my left beard swinging and stop in a perfect spot at 30 yards and i dust rolled him, it is only the second time in a long time of hunting that i have taken one on my birthday and both came off the family land not to far apart. my 89 year old dad took the pic and i think he did well, and thanks Matt for a great hen box!

guesswho

Cool deal.   Congrats!   And your Dad did good.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

zelmo1

Nice bird, awesome memory. Congrats brother

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

bobk

TheBigSnood

Makes me smile brother. Heck of a story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

SOCOM304

Great hunt and your father took a great picture! Congrats to ya on a fine hunt.

Meatseeker

tanna114

Congrats, what an awesome day!

greencop01

Nice bird and on the Ol Family Place, can't beat that! Way to go And your Dad did good too.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Spitten and drummen

Happy birthday and congrats. Nice bird.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

cbhunter15

Well done, congrats

g8rvet

Nice bird and it means a lot for several reasons! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TJK68

Congrats on a great hunting and pic!

SteelerFan

Nice, all the way around! Congrats!!