turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where will the line be drawn?

Started by Premier Turkey Calls, March 27, 2018, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falltoms

As long as there are hunters and companies competing for there business, there will be no line drawn. To each his own. Im getting them in close. No rifle shots, no blinds, no decoys, no hunting over food plots. Its just not me, whatever everyone else does I don't care. Everyone has to choose their own set of ethics

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

MK M GOBL

I changed my game almost 20 years ago, and needing to have this ammo or that choke and all don't even get to play... don't make a difference for me and those that hunt with me. My game is under 20 yards (I love the in your face), It took some time for me to get there but once I learned how to play, where to and picking the "right" place to set and with a lot of scouting too. I/We consistently kill at this range and closer, like I said this is "my" game.  At this range birds are just dead, I did need to put a scope on the gun and make sure I am Dead-On at 15 yards = Game Over :)

MK MGOBL

Spitten and drummen

Why is it that everyone that comments here assumes that a person that uses tss don't play the game and call them in close. I assure you , for myself and several others I know that shoot tss is very effective at calling them in close and are well above average turkey hunters.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

zelmo1

One word, Conscience ", that is all. Al Baker

Premier Turkey Calls

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 27, 2018, 08:50:02 PM
Why is it that everyone that comments here assumes that a person that uses tss don't play the game and call them in close. I assure you , for myself and several others I know that shoot tss is very effective at calling them in close and are well above average turkey hunters.
It's assumed because the stuff isn't cheap and it's assumed that if your willing to spend the extra money, your going to push the product to it's limits given the chance. It's assumed because lead has been getting the job done for so many hunters under 40 yards for so long and TSS can do 40 yards and then some. It's like owning a Barnett 50 caliber and taking 100 yard shots when it has the potential to be taking 1000 yard shots and no one understands why it isn't being used to it's maximum potential when you could be using an everyday rifle to achieve similar results for what you are trying to achieve. I'm all for taking ethical shots and I think that it's great that you use TSS for 40 yards and less for a more guaranteed kill but many are going to push the limits because it costs so much more when you could use cheap lead all day with great success for your average shot.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Gamblinman

Same for me...I shoot TSS for the dense pattern. The fun of turkey hunting for me is the challenge of calling the gobbler up in my face. Based on so many comments I've read on Facebook turkey hunting pages, its becoming apparent that turkey hunting is becoming a pass shooting sport for many.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Tom Foolery

I draw the line at what I am willing to do to legally kill a bird. 

As long as it's legal I do not draw your line for you, it's not my place to make your rules for you. 

Seems like there's quite a few liberals on here in that they think you can believe however you want as long as it's how they believe and if it's different then you're a lazy slob and hopefully you'll get shot. 

BBD

I'm fixing to start marketing 4x16 shotgun scopes...

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Premier Turkey Calls on March 27, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
It's assumed because the stuff isn't cheap and it's assumed that if your willing to spend the extra money, your going to push the product to it's limits given the chance. It's assumed because lead has been getting the job done for so many hunters under 40 yards for so long and TSS can do 40 yards and then some. It's like owning a Barnett 50 caliber and taking 100 yard shots when it has the potential to be taking 1000 yard shots and no one understands why it isn't being used to it's maximum potential when you could be using an everyday rifle to achieve similar results for what you are trying to achieve. I'm all for taking ethical shots and I think that it's great that you use TSS for 40 yards and less for a more guaranteed kill but many are going to push the limits because it costs so much more when you could use cheap lead all day with great success for your average shot.

Reminds me when compound bows came on the scene. People with recurves jumped on a high horse and said the same thing. Then crossbows came around and compound bow hunters looked down their noses. I am guilty of this also because I don't like crossbows and Dont Consider that bow hunting. Same could be said about decoys and blinds and reaping.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Dtrkyman

I've only killed one bird over 40, and that with a bow, most of my birds are shot inside 30 and when I exclusively bowhunted them for 8 or 9 seasons most were killed at 5 steps.

I really do not care how far a guy chooses to kill a bird as long as it's within the weapon of choices effective range and not just a hail marry.  Why is forty yards so much more "pure" than fifty?

Kill how you like, decoys no decoys, tss, lead, steel a pellet rifle whatever, I have even stooped so low as to have bushwacked a few and OMG even stalked a few, sure calling them in hammering all the way is by far the best, but those birds are few and far between even for a guy who spends the better part of 2 months straight in the turkey woods on prime real estate!     

I started loading tss last year simply to carry a light weight 20ga to the woods with the same confidence I had in a 3.5 inch 12, I enjoy loading them, they are not that much more money compared to the grand scheme of things, it's not like we are shooting doves and burning up 100 rounds a day, I think I shot 10 rounds last year total. 2 at the pattern board and 8 birds at an average distance of at an average of 24 yards estimated.

Premier Turkey Calls

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 27, 2018, 09:43:25 PM
Quote from: Premier Turkey Calls on March 27, 2018, 09:14:46 PM

Reminds me when compound bows came on the scene. People with recurves jumped on a high horse and said the same thing. Then crossbows came around and compound bow hunters looked down their noses. I am guilty of this also because I don't like crossbows and Dont Consider that bow hunting. Same could be said about decoys and blinds and reaping.

Well said, very true

davisd9

Not sure how guys using a decoy set worth 100s of dollars "to get them close" can complain about a guy using a $6 shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: davisd9 on March 27, 2018, 09:49:29 PM
Not sure how guys using a decoy set worth 100s of dollars "to get them close" can complain about a guy using a $6 shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you and well said.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"