OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpets?

Started by chbarnha, March 26, 2018, 08:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

I have never tried a trumpet and want to try one, but I don't want to spend a lot of money to try it to realize I don't like it.... what is a good entry level trumpet call that people on here would recommend to try it? Is there even such a thing?

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

CMBOSTC

1iagobblergetter

Entry level price is different for some people. Matt Mclain makes a reasonable priced trumpet.Ralph Permar makes a Classic model that's $125.00. Once in awhile on here a Battey Wildtalker will come up for sale for around $125.00..Thats just a few I've had luck and experience with.
If you find out a trumpet is not for you for some reason these usually seem to sell easy on O.G.

outdoors

If you invest in a good quality call and decide you don't like it you will have NO PROBLEM selling

Takes a lot of practice.........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

howl

grab a coffee stirrer straw, cup your hands around the end..voila

https://imgur.com/a/aWD7D

crow

Brian Mero makes a very easy playing good sounding trumpet for a good price.

coyote1

Daryal Gosey  (Ncbowjunkie on here) makes a nice trumpet at a very reasonable price.

troutfisher13111

mspaci

So tired of hearing the phrase (beginners trumpet) its either a good call or its not. Price isnt a factor w/ me. Mike

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: mspaci on March 27, 2018, 08:18:43 AM
So tired of hearing the phrase (beginners trumpet) its either a good call or its not. Price isnt a factor w/ me. Mike
X2....I think asking for entry level is a person asking for something that is proven,but wont break the bank is my interpretation.

davisd9

Quote from: outdoors on March 26, 2018, 09:04:16 PM
If you invest in a good quality call and decide you don't like it you will have NO PROBLEM selling

Great advice, a quality trumpet will also lessen the learning curve. Not all trumpets are the same.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ol bob

I can make a field grade call for $100. I have sold calls for $2000. a far as play ability they are exactly the same call as the internals are the same on everything I sell, its just what its made of and the time in making.

Chris O

troutfisher13111

Quote from: davisd9 on March 27, 2018, 09:32:03 AM
Quote from: outdoors on March 26, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

Great advice, a quality trumpet will also lessen the learning curve. Not all trumpets are the same.
X3

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chris O

It really comes down to what a person wants to spend and availability. I have several from different makers and different price ranges. They all have slight differences but basically play the same. Everyone that I have and if it was the only one I had I would be happy with them all. I think they will all kill turkeys . I don't think you have to spend a bunch of money to get a trumpet that will kill turkeys.