turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally shot my SBE3

Started by WVbwhntr, March 25, 2018, 01:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVbwhntr

Finally got some sunny weather here in WV, but it's only 43 degrees. After taking a few shots to get my Burris close I back out to 40 steps to get a rough idea of how my gun was going to do. With 3" Longbeard #6s and a sumtoy I got 219 in 10" off of a shooting stick. I'm planning on fine tuning a little more off of a bench but I couldn't wait any longer to shoot! Does anyone have any tips that might help me get a little more out of my setup?

Borden811

Don't know if you deep cleaned it or not, but if not, that will probably add a few pellets. Yes, even if it's brand new, and yes, even if the barrel is chrome lined. It always helped my SBEII and m2. Second, simply shooting when it's warmer, i.e. 60 or 70 degrees will also likely improve your patterns. I'd say deep clean the barrel and wait for a warmer day to shoot again before making any drastic changes.

WVbwhntr

Thanks for the feedback Borden!

nyhunter

I agree with Borden811  deep clean it for sure, another thing i discover was to use denatured alcohol and swab the barrel after your done with your cleaning solvent, that made a big difference in the consistency in my patterns with my SBEII , just my opinion 219 with 3" LB is really good stop chasing numbers and hunt with it. good luck, let us know how you make out with it.

Gerri