OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fogging eye glasses

Started by Beretta686, April 19, 2011, 10:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

I have been meaning to bring this question up to those of you who wear eye glasses while turkey hunting.

What do you do to keep your glasses from fogging? I have tried everything and can now say with confidence that something works. Zook anti fog wax... it has worked in both cool mornings and hot 97% humidity mornings. I even walked in and out of my walk in freezer at work without my glasses fogging. My optician gave me 3 different products to try including some handy wipes. Zook is the best by far.

A close second is Fog-Tech. The only problem with that is it is a film and the heavy pollen in the south will stick to your glasses. If you sweat or wipe your glasses it will come off and they will fog.

I know my glasses fogging cost me 2 misses this year.

I was wondering what everyone else uses. I have tried rainex anti fog and the miracle stuff they sell at outdoor shows and they all don't work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

30_06

I have tried Cat Crap, and that works pretty well.
Washing the lenses with dish soap the night before a hunt works pretty well too, but it does wear off pretty fast.

unclerick

Well about all I have done is cut a bigger hole out for my nose and moved my glasses down some, but I will try some of that Zook.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

RutnNStrutn

686, as a fellow southern hunter, I have the same problem with my binocs & sometimes my scope. Where do you buy this Zook's anti-fog wax?

Beretta686

Www.zooke.com

Sitting here trying to get a friend a bird. Just puut it on my lenses. Spelled it wrong, bet here is the web page

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

fl panhandler

like 30_06 I use Cat Crap.  It works OK. but not great.  My optician gave me an anti fog lens tissue that worked well but didn't last either.  The only thing I have found to do is pull my glasses away from my face slightly.  Cleaning them the night before with dawn so they are really clean helps some also.
Rick

NCTURKEYHUNTER

My son in law is in the middle east and set me a product that works great.
Op Drops made for glasses and scopes for the military. Made by McNett.
www.mcnett.com you can read about it.