OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another one bites the dust

Started by pittboss, April 19, 2011, 09:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittboss

Had a great hunt this past weekend. Started off slow as Saturday brought high wind, rain and then snow and a lot more high winds gusting over 40mph. Not exactly the best conditions to hunt turkeys.
Sunday proved to be a much better day as the wind had died down and the birds decided to gobble. I shot this gobbler right after he flew down off the roost. I gave him a quick fly down cackle then I told him I loved him and that was all he could stand. After about three more gobbles and about three minutes he strutted in to me at 17 yards and once he stepped out from behind the log I sealed the deal.
It was my quickest hunt and the heaviest bird I have ever shot. This gobbler weighed in at 25.6 lbs

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

BOFF

Congrats!!

Beautiful bird and excellent pics!!

God Bless,
David B.

TRKYHTR

Atta boy pitboss. You are hard on them poor turkeys. Great looking turkey. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Reloader

Sweet, Congrats.

I love those quick hunts.  I shot a dandy tom yest morn and he was on the ground all of about 20 seconds :D

cannonball

longbeardlife.com

great pics, great story, only thing that would make it better is if it woulda happened to me like that.. Congrats...

longbeardlife.com

great pics, great story, only thing that would make it better is if it woulda happened to me like that.. Congrats...

nctrkyhntr

JVA54

Trip

Hognutz

Nice bird, Pittboss. He is a real stud..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Shotgun

Basser69

boomer