OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dissapointed with the honesty of some members on the board

Started by KYHeadhunter02, March 21, 2018, 01:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 22, 2018, 09:38:54 AM
He is taking about me, I sent him 3 pots for a box. The pot in question wasn't cracked when I sent it to him, I'm not saying he cracked it because I know he wanted that pot. He is saying someone told him it was cracked well the only people that have ever even seen that pot is me and the call Maker and the call Maker never said anything to me about a crack. I offer to send him the box back and he could send me the pots and he said"NO the ball is in my court". So if he wasn't happy then why not just trade back? Now he wants me to send him a higher $ striker to "make the deal right", which I told him that if it makes him feel better then I would send him a brand new Pat Strawer dymondwood striker. I still have our text messages were I told him "if for any reason you are not happy then I will trade back, no questions asked" but for some reason he doesn't want to do that?? Shannon I can send you all the texts between him and me if needed. I will say again like I told him " that pot was NOT cracked when I shipped it to him". TJ

Sounds like you did all you could. The ball is in my court is a bit much and you handled it better than I would have.

TauntoHawk

I have delt with both parties and respect both parties this is not a bad seed situation  it's an unfortunate circumstance situation.

As someone that has sent a call to have it cracked in transit it can be tough to rectify if both parties have different views on the fix. I would want to send the call to the call maker to be fixed and shipping costs land on the original sender not adding additional items or cash compensation as they could turn around have the call fixed and keep it or sell again. To me it's fix the call or reverse the trade in whole.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

blake_08

I'm sorry, but I would not send him a striker to "make the deal right". If he didn't want to send the calls back in exchange for the box he must not be too unhappy with the crack. I wouldn't even ask someone to sweeten a deal if i felt it had gone south. It's neither party's fault if the call got cracked in shipping unless it wasn't packaged properly, and the OP didn't say anything about that. Just my  :z-twocents:

bbcoach

I'm not going to get too deep or say much about this but, "Cmon Guys, get together and Work This OUT!"  This can be resolved.

CDNduckslayer

Always 2 sides to every story...........now that we have both sides and to me sounds like the OP is trying to work over the original owner for a extra striker over a shipping mishap. Send him his pots back, get your box back and be done with it.........now who is being dishonest.........I guess you just forgot to mention he offered to reverse the trade.............

dublelung

There's always 2 sides to every story. Sounds like each of you returning the other's belongings would make everything smooth again. Save this stuff for the offseason, it's turkey season fellas, get it together.

ol bob

The whole problem was making a pot out of snake wood its not a problem of will it crack its when it will crack don't mater what you do to it it will crack sooner or later. most is cracked when you buy it they are just to tiny to see.

Sir-diealot

MDTOM84 just a question that may benefit you if it is sent back, was the package insured? If so you should be able to get your money for the call back so you are not out anything. Not taking either side, just trying to be helpful if it does come back to you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Terry on March 22, 2018, 10:06:49 AM
I don't want to get too involved, but I will say I've had a few dealings with TJ and he's top notch in my book

Ill second that..T.J. is one of the last guys that would knowingly try to get one over on someone..

TauntoHawk

Quote from: ol bob on March 22, 2018, 01:46:52 PM
The whole problem was making a pot out of snake wood its not a problem of will it crack its when it will crack don't mater what you do to it it will crack sooner or later. most is cracked when you buy it they are just to tiny to see.
To my eye thats what it looks like not miss handling or abuse. If it's a hunting call and doesn't effect sound I'd hunt it til it dies and send it off then if it's a collector call then shelf it and it'll be fine as is.

Otherwise I'd undo the trade and leave it at you two won't do business again with each other.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

snapper1982

Almost hilarious that the title of this thread is about the honesty of some members and yet alot of very important facts were out of the posts until TJ posted. Wonder how long he would have left them out had TJ not showed up to defend himself.

SteelerFan

No dog in this what so ever... but since this laundry is out for public viewing / opinion -

I'd say OP has a right to be disappointed with the "merchandise" if it wasn't up to standard or as described - intentionally or otherwise; but when offered a full "refund" (exchange) and refuses that refund, that ends it. Case dismissed.

(...and yes, snakewood can / will crack, sometimes just because)

We now return to our regularly scheduled no drama program...

captpete

Quote from: SteelerFan on March 22, 2018, 06:53:35 PM
No dog in this what so ever... but since this laundry is out for public viewing / opinion -

I'd say OP has a right to be disappointed with the "merchandise" if it wasn't up to standard or as described - intentionally or otherwise; but when offered a full "refund" (exchange) and refuses that refund, that ends it. Case dismissed.

(...and yes, snakewood can / will crack, sometimes just because)

We now return to our regularly scheduled no drama program...

X2!

dejake

Lots of things in this life more important.  Get over it and move on.

vt35mag

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 22, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: Terry on March 22, 2018, 10:06:49 AM
I don't want to get too involved, but I will say I've had a few dealings with TJ and he's top notch in my book

Ill second that..T.J. is one of the last guys that would knowingly try to get one over on someone..

x3