OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thank you for the call

Started by Sir-diealot, March 19, 2018, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

When I first introduced myself here I had made mention that I did not have a box call, one of the members here was kind enough to send me this call. I do not want to say who it is because some people like to keep things like this to themselves but though I thanked him privately I also wanted to thank him publicly and if he wishes to name himself that is up to him. I bought a thank you card to send to him but misplaced the box with his address on it. Thanks again.

Here are a few pictures of the call and I have attached a sound file but please be kind to me, I have never used a long box before only a standard sized box call and have not handled one of those since 2001 and it is very clear that I need lots of practice. The call is Brazilian Cherry over Butternut that came from PA and the maker is Russel Beard https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/long-box.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

pabossie255

That's nice great job to the guy who donated it to you.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: pabossie255 on March 19, 2018, 10:00:34 PM
That's nice great job to the guy who donated it to you.
For sure, I am very grateful. When I can if I see somebody on here in the same kinda situation I will do the same for them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Gooserbat

Sometimes OG needs a like button.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 19, 2018, 10:30:26 PM
Sometimes OG needs a like button.
Lol..LIKE.....You got that right!! Great gesture!!!

Daveb

Great gesture and a testament to the awesome folks here at OG!

Tennessee Lead

Awesome gesture.
Can't beat the members of Oldgobbler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Congrats , on the long box....

Sixes

That is a great gesture and shows just how turkey hunters act.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Sir-diealot

Sure is. What I did not say above is when I won the Ninja Hen Box I contacted him and asked him if he would rather I send it back to him or send it on to somebody else or if I could offer him something and he said I could pay him back by getting a bird and posting a picture of it here.

I can't do it this year but next year I think i will buy a call or two and donate them here for the giveaways.

I have some old Feather Flex Decoys that I replaced when I started hunting again 3 years ago and one this month thanks to a friend, does anybody have a use for them? If so contact me and I will send them out. (One needs to be stapled but will work fine after that) 1 hen and 1 jake. They are nothing great, 98-01 era decoys but if somebody can use them they are theirs. I can't send them until the third though as I am on disability and don't get paid to then.

John Koenig:

southern_leo

Post like this make you feel proud to be a member here. That's a high quality long box. Very generous indeed. Congrats, and my hats off to the donor.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

That's cool, thanks for sharing.

Lots of good people on OG, that's for sure.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

HFultzjr

Rzrbac

That's an awesome gesture on somebody's part. Good to know there's still good folks around, these days it's easy to forget that.