turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thank you for the call

Started by Sir-diealot, March 19, 2018, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

A quality paddle call is a gift that will just keep giving for years to come. Congrats!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Sir-diealot

Sorry for not replying to each of you, but you are all saying the same as I feel about it and I would just be repeating what each of you are saying. I am very thankful for it and it is indeed a grand gesture and reflects very well on the members of this site. I can't wait to get it into the woods.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: paboxcall on March 20, 2018, 01:07:58 PM
A quality paddle call is a gift that will just keep giving for years to come. Congrats!
Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

sixbird

That's so nice. Hats off to the person who did that...Pay it forward brutha'!

Tail Feathers

That's a classy move by the donor.
That high rasp ought to yank a gobble out of ol' Tom.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

crow

very generous gift, there are still nice people around

Spitten and drummen

Turkey hunters may lie about where they hunt , tactics what they hear and so forth , but for the most part they are just a different breed of people. Most will give you the shirt off their back. I am proud to be in that fraternity. Congrats to you and well done to the member who did the good deed. You do good things , good things will come back to you.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Cut N Run

You're welcome. Happy to help you out.  I think my wife was happy seeing one go out the door for a change.

I hope that box grabs 'em by the ears and drags them to you. Without a doubt, Russell Beard makes a good sounding call.  The ones he's made me definitely have a lot of turkey in 'em and they work well.  Good luck & have fun with it.  Make sure to practice.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: sixbird on March 20, 2018, 03:59:56 PM
That's so nice. Hats off to the person who did that...Pay it forward brutha'!
Oh yes, I surely will.

John Koenig:

Happy

Glad to see that happen for you. Very  classy gesture

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Thanks to Crow for sending me the link to this thread and the video in the first post, I am sure it is going to be helpful. I'm sharing the link in case anybody else like me is just starting out with this type of call. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,78700.msg763821.html#msg763821

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 20, 2018, 05:17:13 PM
You're welcome. Happy to help you out.  I think my wife was happy seeing one go out the door for a change.

I hope that box grabs 'em by the ears and drags them to you. Without a doubt, Russell Beard makes a good sounding call.  The ones he's made me definitely have a lot of turkey in 'em and they work well.  Good luck & have fun with it.  Make sure to practice.

Jim
I fear my girlfriend is going to make me a eunuch before May gets here. I am sure it will once I get better with it, I hit a good note now and again so I know the sound is there, I just have to learn how to play it.

John Koenig:

mgm1955

Fantastic gesture! Good luck!

tomstopper

Good people on here for sure

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tha bugman