turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#1 Down in West Georgia

Started by Roostem33, April 19, 2011, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

I've been chasing this bird for about three weeks and i finally introduced him to a load of Hevi 13 #6. I got set up early this morning on this Gobbler he was about three hundred yds. away, got out my Birds eye Maple Glass over Slate and after a few yelps he came running in to about 65 yds and hung up. After watching him strut for some of his hens for 15 minutes I decided to go ahead and take the shot because he was acting like he wanted to leave with them. He dropped right in his tracks, its the first one I've tried to kill at that distance, but it worked out great!! Beard was 10" spurs 1 1/8 and he weighed 22 pounds.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Basser69

bowhunter84

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

JVA54

Hognutz

Nice bird, great shot, crummy picture. We'll let you slide on the picture. Congrats on putting the smack down on the big bruiser..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

harvester

Bustabeak

Maybe we can get on a couple in the mourning!! Congratulations!  That a a big ol' bird!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

cannonball

turkey slayer