OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sa 20

Started by dutch@fx4, March 17, 2018, 02:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dutch@fx4

I tried my daughter's sa-20 with four different turkey loads all pattern 90% below point of aim. This gun came was for shims but I'm not sure which way to go. I need to raise the pattern to meet point of aim. I'm open to suggestions on which way to go

CrustyRusty

Get some adjustable sights and mount them on the rib.  Then adjust accordingly.  Remember, raising rear sight will raise impact. 

Buford

Iam thinking that you  lower the rear sight to make it shoot higher. Don't know anything about shims.

Buford

Crusty is right. Raising back sight forces the barrel muzzle up, which brings your shot up.

Recurve

Always move the rear sight in the direction you want to go and the opposite with the front sight

dutch@fx4

So if I use the shim to raise the back of the stock it should raise  my poi.

CrustyRusty

Yes but it will impact your sight plain.  The rib will probably show more and may look like a ramp leading up to the bead.   You are probably better off getting adjustable sights. 

mightyjoeyoung

Adjusting drop at the comb with shims is really only to adjust the fit of the gun to the shooter, not to  change poi.  It might a little,  but like crusty said, it will change the fit of the gun.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.