turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Shotgun Question .. (20ga )

Started by fordhunt, March 17, 2018, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordhunt

Hello , So I'm going to go to a 20ga . Out of all the shotguns that's out there which one should I go with for the best all around performance , Light and best pattern ,,$600 budget .

Spitten and drummen

Remington 870 is about as good as they come .  On that budget that's what I would get. Heard the Weatherby sa is a good auto loader and for a little more the Franchi is nice.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Dtrkyman

For a budget I went with a mossberg sa20, I really didn't care who made the gun, for me it boiled down to a gun that was light weight, why would a carry a 20ga that is nearly as heavy as my sbe2?

Weight was my first criteria for my selection. I got a new turkey thug model for like 375 i think it was.

Tomfoolery

owlhoot

The weatherby sa 08 is nice and is a lightweight.
Only downfall is switching the gas cylinder from light to heavy loads if you plan on a having a multi task gun.Its easy to change but also easy to forget  ::)

joeturkey

Stoeger m3020 semi auto  very light and inertia driven can't  beat it under 500.00

Rufus

Ok, I will say it..  Mossberg 500

The best 20ga shotgun is the one that fits you, no matter who is the manufacturer.

3bailey3

I love my M2 but I picked up a weatherby's that had a pistol grip and it felt great, I think it was $700

kyturkeyhunter4

I bought my son a Stoger 3020 auto 20ga it's a flat out shooter. For the price I don't think you could get a better 20ga on the market.

surehuntsalot

another vote for the Stoeger 3020   I love mine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Tony Hawkins

Bought my daughter (21 y/o) a Stoeger 3020 Compact a year ago. Looked at the Weatherby Youth, but the Stoeger felt better to her and she ended up shooting a lot of ducks with it last season. I like that it is inertia, so there is less to clean vs. a gas system, and the Stoeger has the recoil spring in the forearm (not the buttstock). Comes with a turkey choke; I measured it at .570. Paid $520 for it.

Fullfan

We have retired all of our 12ga's and now tote the Weatherby SA 459's. With a Suntoy Choke and the Federal Heviweight #7 or  Hand loaded TSS #9 they are just as if not more lethal that the 12's.
Don't gobble at me...

Phire Phite

Most any of them will work.  Take a look in the 20 ga pattern section.  Problem is this year, that most of the patterns you will find in there you can not get any longer.

Marc

Is turkey hunting going be the primary (or only) use for the gun?  If not, what is the primary use of the gun?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

DrDirtNap

Weatherby SA459 is hard to beat.  Love the little gun.  Used it all last year and killed a couple of birds with it already this year.   Patterns well will a IC 562 choke and 1 5/8 oz TSS 9s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk