OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

barrel mounted shooting stick

Started by tha bugman, March 16, 2018, 10:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

MK M GOBL

Never liked the barrel mounted versions, first happened during a coyote hunt and had to make a swing on a yote coming in on my hard left and was hung up in the snow where I had to lift the legs high enough to clear the snow, second time was turkey hunting and again same thing, not snow but over my legs and brush. I ditched that pod and now use a couple of other styles. I always like the performance of a tripod best and it can be used a "mono" or "bi" pod as well, but if there is the need to swing and shoot "off hand" the tripod does not tip/fall and make noise. I have (2) BogPods a short and tall and a short Primos Trigger Stick. Use them for myself and with the kids, works out great. Just some stuff to think about.

MK M GOBL

daddyduke

I got a Allen mono-pod shooters stick at Wally World for $10 that works well for shotgun or crossbow. One thing I recommend doing is gluing in the tip, so it doesn't come out in the ground.
Had mine for 4-5 years.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

mightyjoeyoung

Hunters Specialties V-Pod.  Thing is AWESOME and I can fit 12 or 20 gauge bbls.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tha bugman

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 16, 2018, 02:21:29 PM
i wonder if the 12 gauge will fit an 835?

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: tha bugman on March 16, 2018, 02:45:52 PM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 16, 2018, 02:21:29 PM
i wonder if the 12 gauge will fit an 835?

It comes with a fairly thick textured rubber pad that goes between the barrel and the mount.  I'm surema thinner piece could be cut and used.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.