OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tipping a outfitter

Started by Browning87, March 16, 2018, 05:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

If everything goes as booked my buddy and I give the guide 10% of the hunt cost. When I'm out with the guide I ask him if the outfitter takes a cut, if he says yes I ask him if he ccould give me his home address so I can send him a Christmas card (A wink follows) and if he is ok with that then I leave it at that and he get's an early Christmas soon as I get home. If not I still do the 10% and think less of the outfitter.

we booked with one guy and arrived early on a hunt and the outfitter allowed a guide to take us out a day early, well we tagged out with two days left on the hunt and the guide told us he would not get paid for the two remaining days. We asked the outfitter if he would allow the guide to take us around for a couple days. He allowed it and even said he had some nuisance hog sites we could hit. Turned out that young man stayed with us daylight to dark and we had a blast chasing hogs sight seeing or whtever we wanted. At the end of the week we paid that young man nore than he would have made if we were hunting...he was stunned with the rather large tip as he thought he was doing it for free. He said he more often got stiffed than paid.