turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm a Dipstick....

Started by 870BkWht, March 15, 2018, 09:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Because i ordered a Halloran Mac Ebony and Walnut box last Friday night. Well that's not why I'm an idiot.  I got the box in the mail today and man was i excited.  I opened it up and inside was a beautiful box call that had a lid made of some of the prettiest mac ebony. Upon looking at the box closely i realized it wasn't walnut.  I checked my PayPal invoice and evidently i wasn't paying attention and ordered a mac ebony limba box.  Totally my fault and not David's.  Thought i would share my stupidity with everyone. 

I called him and left a message asking if i could swap it out for a walnut.  Waiting to hear back.

Sir-diealot

Everybody makes mistakes, my parents had me!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

southern_leo

David is a good guy I'll be surprised if he doesn't help you. The challenge maybe getting ahold of him this time of year. He still owns a construction business and his wife works full time. They come home from work and do calls until 2-3 am everyday. And of course this is the busy season.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

870BkWht

Quote from: southern_leo on March 16, 2018, 01:20:51 AM
David is a good guy I'll be surprised if he doesn't help you. The challenge maybe getting ahold of him this time of year. He still owns a construction business and his wife works full time. They come home from work and do calls until 2-3 am everyday. And of course this is the busy season.

I agree with what you said.  If he doesn't contact me, I wont hold it against him.  Like I told him in my message, the mistake was purely my own, not his.   

The one I got is a looker and a great sounding box.  Worst case senario is I take it hunting and then later on in the summer or even fall buy the one I really wanted.

ridgerunner

Keep it and buy another one..in the walnut.

nyhunter

you could always sell it to me ;D

KYHeadhunter02

X2 Or sell it to me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Boys I already tried to pry it from his hand.. no go

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

870BkWht

I sent David a message on his Facebook page yesterday evening.  I got a reply from David this morning. 

He told me he would be more than happy to swap out the limba box for the walnut box so long as it hadn't been hunted yet.  I told him it hadn't been outside. He told me the quicker i could get the limba to him the quicker he could get a walnut back into my hands. 

I thanked him for his time and generosity for being willing to fix my mistake and i promptly mailed it back to him early this morning. 

Now i wait with excitement.

southern_leo

That's awesome. Great customer service.

Canadian gobbler

I got my pot call from him last week in the mail , the new metal mouth11 ,  I was tickled at how well it was made and the sound
I turned around and ordered myself the walnut and butternut box call ,
I can't wait till it gets to me

I hope it's as good as I hearing from people ,
He is a nice young fellow to deal with