OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OHIO OPENER - BIG TOM DOWN

Started by Limbstrutter, April 19, 2011, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbstrutter

Well yesterday morning  started off quite different . I was hunting a new farm and have been watching the Turkey's for about a week and I thought I knew everything about them. I knew their roost and the strut zone until yesterday morn when I walked in before day light. Went to my set up after days off patterning these birds put out my dekes and waited. Day light broke nothing!! I was starting to worry ,then a gobble right where I walked through in the dark. So I hurried back and set up about 100 yards form his roost and he was hotter then fire ,so I just let him keep on gobbling till he slowed and then I let out a few soft yelps and he hammered it so I set quietly while he gobbled and boy he had ants in his pants he just couldn't wait . He pitched out of the old oak tree and ran straight to my set up and at 22 steps that's where he fell. Here's a few pic's.   

11 1/4 " BEARD 1 1/4 SPURS 23 LBS.   The whole hunt lasted about an hour. Raining today I have a double bearded bird on the hit list next, big bird. Wish me luck.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

bowhunter84

congrats on a great bird and  :anim_25: on the double beard

JVA54

Basser69

Congrats on getting a good one and good luck with the double beard!

Limbstrutter

Just drove by my other farm and seen my big boy out there. It's killing me can't hunt him till Saturday.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

Hognutz

Congrats on that big bruiser.  Mike  :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

a-j calls

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

harvester

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Crappiepro

trkycaller