turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jeff McKamey combos

Started by Jgarrett, March 13, 2018, 08:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgarrett

Just curious...what is everyone's favorite combinations from Jeff?  Would love to see some pictures.  I am interested in ordering a couple from him.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

1tiogabowhunter

I have several of his calls and they are all great calls . However I think his best combo is mineral stained poplar and bloodwood.  This call is  screamer - I struck a bird with it around 10 one morning that was about 400 yards away .  He gobbled all the way to the gun.... 

Bowguy

I'm gonna agree w that. I only have 4-5 from him and that one is the best sounding to my ear

Jgarrett

Quote from: 1tiogabowhunter on March 13, 2018, 09:18:36 PM
I have several of his calls and they are all great calls . However I think his best combo is mineral stained poplar and bloodwood.  This call is  screamer - I struck a bird with it around 10 one morning that was about 400 yards away .  He gobbled all the way to the gun....

I had someone else tell me that was his best as well.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

jed clampett

I have a bloodwork mineral poplar l ongbox on order for awhile now..hope I come up soon!

Pettit877

Don't quote me on it but I believe bloodwood over mineral poplar is the combo he has won several of his awards with as well as champion of champions. 

Eric Pettit

wvlimbhanger

I only have one, a bloodwood over blue mahoe short box and it is a stellar call.

I would definitely look into one in that combo

culpeper

This is a strong combo for Jeff and Pettit, you are correct, he won Champions of Champions this year with this combo

vt35mag

Jeff shipped me a mora over butternut and a mora over mineral poplar short box two weeks ago. 
Both sound fantastic! 
Hillbilly Yelper recently posted a video of him running the mora over butternut.

Happy hooker

I don't have one but it's coming,,go to his website and look at that rosewood/Alaskan yellow cedar short box,,or any of his in yellow cedar.

griffman

I have a butternut and bloodwood.  Very nice call.  Still learning how to run a long box.  I'm sure the call has far more potential than the user.

Will

Here are my two long boxes. Top is maple over poplar and the bottom is kwila over butternut
They sound awesome and have worked their fair share of birds both Spring and Winter. The Maple/Poplar is responsible for my sons first bird.
Great boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

A terrific gentleman who makes a killer paddle call. Haven't heard one box of his I wouldn't gladly hunt.

:z-winnersmiley:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Jgarrett

The bloodwood over mineral stained poplar paddle it is.  Thanks guys.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

KYTURKEY

Bloodwood/MSP, Bloodwood/Black Limba, Bloodwood/Butternut, Snakewood/Butternut are probably his most purchased and requested calls. But, anything he makes will be killer, or he won't let it go out the door. Best thing to do, is call him. Ask him what he likes at the moment. It depends on what the wood he has on hand is making. Some is better than others.