turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What’s a good pump turkey shotgun???

Started by drywallerdave, March 13, 2018, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drywallerdave

I have a mossberg 930 semi auto but am thinking of going back to a pump. I would need one that is ready for my Burris ff3 to be mounted on or atleast able to have a rail screwed on so I can mount it. I was looking at benilli nova or maybe the Remington turkey shotgun... thanks

dirt road ninja

PharmHunter

Remington 870 is hard to beat for what you want to do.

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Gobble!

bbcoach

Most on here will say 870 or 835.  I'm an 835 guy and have been for 10 years now.  The 835 comes drilled and tapped, shoots most shells Extremely well, has plenty of available aftermarket chokes to choose from, won't break the bank and will flat out kill turkeys.  Go and see what fits you and feels good in your hands.  Good Luck.

g8rvet

I have owned, Winchester 1200, 870, Benelli Nova.  I actually bought the 870, sorta.  Was given the 1200 and won the Nova.  The Nova was heavy, rattled like a tin can and could never get a good POA.  The 1200 had no vent rib so it was gone quick.  The 870 has been so well used I gave up on the matte wood (cracked) and got a synthetic stock. 

My best advice is get what feels good to you. Hold them in your hand and if you can shoot them, even better.

Personally I would rather have an older used 870 that a new one. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Boilermaker

My first shotgun and first turkey gun was a turkey express 870 with the 21" barrel and turkey choke and it's been a great gun.  I still have it and use it although I prefer my semi-autos.  I've never owned any mossberg shotguns so I can't weigh in there, but the 870s are affordable and very reliable.  Parts are readily available just about anywhere.   It's definitely a contender in the long list of pump actions.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

870 express with the regular stock.They make a waterfowl/turkey model that is tapped for a scope in mossy oak bottomland

Ozarks Hillbilly

I am a Remington guy through and through but if you like your 930 I would say the 835 would be the logical choice for you. They are fairly inexpensive and there are several used ones out there as well. They throw great patterns and are turkey  killing machines  :z-twocents:

LaLongbeard

870 Wingmaster. Most if not all of the quality complaints about Remington shotguns was with the cheaper Express model, you can't buy a half priced gun and expect it to perform like the top end models. There are thousands of good Wingmasters that haven't even been shot enough to break them in available at reasonable prices.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

idgobble

Nothing better than the Ithaca turkey slayer in 12 or 20 ga..  With the Win. Longbeard ammo I'd seriously consider the 20.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Laloom83

Remington 870 for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk