News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can You?

Started by guesswho, March 12, 2018, 12:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Quote from: tha bugman on March 12, 2018, 01:29:07 PM
Unfortunately most of mine are not labeled and cannot remember them.  I DO however have a vast catalog of those that got away.... :TooFunny:
Some things are hard to remember, others are hard to forget :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

g8rvet

Don't have all mine either.  A few years back I started saving each beard, tied to leather and stuck in to the hull of the shell I killed him with.  Made a necklace for beards.  Wish I had done that earlier in my career. 

I remember the misses more than the kills sometimes.  I like to win, but I HATE to lose-sports, poker, turkey hunting. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

GobbleNut

I never lose when I poker.   ;D :angel9: :toothy9:

daddyduke

What was we talking about? ???
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

g8rvet

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 12, 2018, 02:11:32 PM
It is a race and you start at the same time!
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Gobble!

My memory is trash. I started keeping a spreadsheet to help me remember them all. I highly recommend this for anyone who doesn't do it. I give a short recap of the hunt. I want to start including specifics like date, time, and bird measurements.

guesswho

Three of those words probably don't belong in that sentence.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on March 12, 2018, 02:21:01 PM
Three of those words probably don't belong in that sentence.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: Uhhh,...let me guess which three you're talking about....

guesswho

I think your stories are like mine.   They contain the truth, but some details may be enhanced or deleted
For entertainment purposes. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on March 12, 2018, 02:45:13 PM
I think your stories are like mine.   They contain the truth, but some details may be enhanced or deleted
For entertainment purposes.

;D  Personally, I prefer the "enhanced" versions.  That's the good thing about the internet, fiction and fact are pretty much inseparable for some of us,...and nobody is the wiser.  I find I fit in quite well under those circumstances...   :toothy9:   :newmascot:

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

The truth is sadly I cant remember them all. My favorite hunts I do remember.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Cut N Run

There's a few beards I remember which bird they came off of.  Most of the beards I've collected are in a big ZipLoc bag that I'm doing my best to stuff like a pillow.  Not all the way there yet, but I get closer every year. 

I got one beard in 2002 that kind of corkscrews that came off the gobbler that hung up the longest of any I've ever dealt with.  He stayed in sight between 90-120 yards for over an hour.  Light clucking & purrs on my slate finally brought him in. He must have gobbled over 150 times.  I was sure he was either going to lose his voice or somebody else was going to try to slip in, put the mohican sneak on him, and shoot him out from under me.

Spurs kinda run together too. 

In all the time I've been hunting turkeys, I've never killed a multi-bearded bird.  I called in one for my best friend on Opening Day 2015 when we doubled and another for a total newbie (around 1999).  We just don't have many of them here for some reason.  Not many bearded hens either, far as that goes.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

ddturkeyhunter

The first one's are all blended, but the past three years after I shoot a turkey now, I pull out my iPhone. And now I record a movie of how it all happened. Last year a friend of mine an me were seat up on some birds on roost in SD BH.  I had three toms come in to me first and  I shot the strutter. I had my friend set up down the ridge on the other side of them, and as I was paceing off the distance, my shot was from he shoots. He was only a few hundred yards from me so you can hear the blast very well on my phone. They ran right to him after I shot mine and we taged out and headed to WY.

owlhoot

Quote from: guesswho on March 12, 2018, 01:18:31 PM
I think a band might even trigger my memory :icon_thumright: :laugh:
I thought with your handle that we were supposed to guess who you are? But now I see that you want some one to find out who you are because you can't remember  :goofball: :anim_25:

guesswho

I remember exactly who I am every morning when I wake up.   Trouble is some mornings when I look in the mirror I realize I was wrong. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff