News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

John Sinclair waterproof call!

Started by chatterbox, March 11, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey guys!
Just picked up a John Sinclair custom waterproof slate, and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement!
This call has great rollover and it absolutely spits turkey feathers!
He paired it with an acrylic striker, and now I don't have to worry about dew or rain!
If anyone is looking for a top quality waterproof pot call, look no further than John Sinclair! :icon_thumright:

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

bulian82

John is a great guy to deal with and always makes an amazing product.

southern_leo

Does he actually do anything to the slate or is it all in the striker?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JLH

Quote from: southern_leo on March 12, 2018, 12:53:32 PM
Does he actually do anything to the slate or is it all in the striker?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes....the slate has a "treatment" done to it.

Obviously, you need a waterproof striker as well.

Goblue4016

Which waterproof one did you go with? i was looking at getting one but he has so many options.

JLH

Quote from: Goblue4016 on March 12, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
Which waterproof one did you go with? i was looking at getting one but he has so many options.

John's green slate over glass in kingwood or cocobola is as good as it gets...
I have 2 of his green now and a red slate as well.

AND....the best part is....no wait, no list, just order what you want on his website (build you call) and it will be on your doorstep in about 4 days.

Sx4

Quote from: JLH on March 12, 2018, 09:57:06 PM

AND....the best part is....no wait, no list, just order what you want on his website (build you call) and it will be on your doorstep in about 4 days.

I have a green slate cocobolo and that call takes slate to the next level... The part about no list no wait  the call just shows up!  That is the reason my collection is only John Sinclair's calls.. Everything sounds amazing and you can get it as much as you want! Well... Until he cuts you off!

Goblue4016

Quote from: JLH on March 12, 2018, 09:57:06 PM

do you by chance have a sound file on one of your green slate ones? would love to hear it.

JLH

I can text it to ya....pm your cell #

And anyone else that wants a listen.....

Chris O

I have a couple slates in plastic pots that have played wet for 30+ years as long as I used the right striker. So I think the striker is the most important thing. There are also other surfaces that play wet with the right striker also. I know John makes great calls so I am not taking anything away from him or your call I am just stating that I think the striker is the key to playing wet.

rt2bowhunter

I just ordered one of his carbon tipped strikers. I'll try it on my pots if it don't satisfy me. I'll be ordering one of his pots.

Chris O

Quote from: rt2bowhunter on March 15, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
I just ordered one of his carbon tipped strikers. I'll try it on my pots if it don't satisfy me. I'll be ordering one of his pots.
I have one of Johns carbon rod strikers and it sounds nice and plays easy on many different calls. I think you will be happy with it if it's the same one you ordered

rt2bowhunter

The one i ordered is wood with a carbon tip :).

John Sinclair CustomCalls

The wood with carbon tip IMO are  the best sounding waterproof striker I offer.