turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I found an easy way to carry hub blind around

Started by chefrific, March 08, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefrific

For those rainy days or hunting with kids I like to hunt from a blind.
I recently found a great deal on a double bull deluxe hub blind but the only problem is that it weighs nearly 30 lbs.  So I found a solution to toting it in and out of the woods. I bought a cheap golf bag cart from Walmart and removed the scorecard and ball holders. I can now strap the blind, chairs, decoys, and whatever else I want to the cart and just roll it around with ease. It's quiet and it sure beats packing it in on your back or shoulder. The little cart folds up and is easy to stow away. Thought I'd share.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

turkeyfoot

Solves the problem of carrying blind and chairs

Greg Massey

Looks great and good idea.. i saw one of those at Goodwill ... man i bet i buy the next one i see at Goodwill....

wislnwings

I strap mine to a pack frame with a folding chair.

Gamblinman

Cool idea. Bet you could load your turkey on there too with a couple of bungee straps.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

1iagobblergetter

Wonder how it will work if you get into rough ground? Maybe you dont have any though or if the wheels are far enough apart it might work well.Where i hunt i think it would hit alot of bumps and maybe want to flip on its side not to mention the creeks.
How do you like that blind? I have 2 of them. One is still in the box brand new. If I could find another Ameristep Intimidater I'd sell both of them in a heartbeat. Heavy,longer to set up,and to many trinkets to mess with imo...
I use mine the same as you...For hunting with my Son and rain. Otherwise I leave mine in the truck..

stinkpickle

That'll work!  I use a small deer cart like this one, and bungee our blind, chairs, guns (in the cases), and even our vests to it.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 08, 2018, 08:44:22 PM
That'll work!  I use a small deer cart like this one, and bungee our blind, chairs, guns (in the cases), and even our vests to it.

Looks good...I could put my tree stand harness on my kid,hook him up, and let him have at it...He'd really be ready to sit for awhile then.

akp

Never thought of a golf bag cart.  Great idea.  I use a deer cart as well.  Works pretty well.

chefrific

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 08, 2018, 07:37:27 PM
Wonder how it will work if you get into rough ground? Maybe you dont have any though or if the wheels are far enough apart it might work well.Where i hunt i think it would hit alot of bumps and maybe want to flip on its side not to mention the creeks.
How do you like that blind? I have 2 of them. One is still in the box brand new. If I could find another Ameristep Intimidater I'd sell both of them in a heartbeat. Heavy,longer to set up,and to many trinkets to mess with imo...
I use mine the same as you...For hunting with my Son and rain. Otherwise I leave mine in the truck..

The cart handles rougher ground than you would think it would.  Also the tires are wide and handle wet/muddy ground better than you would think.  You're not going to go rock climbing with it but if you are in that rough of terrain, it's probably not conducive for hunting out of blind there anyway. 
I think the deer cart is a good idea too and you could definitely carry more gear on that one, but I like how the golf bag cart folds up and I can keep it out of the way in the blind with me once we set up.  Not to mention the golf bag cart was cheap. This one new was only $29.99.
How do I like that blind?  Love it.  I've had numerous Ameristeps and liked them but the quality, windows and especially the wide door are awesome on this double bull.  Once out of the bag, I can have it deployed in less than a minute.  If it holds up, I'm definitely getting a couple more.  Again, it is heavy, but the cart solves that problem.

tha bugman

trkehunr93

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!