turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Too Pretty to Hunt?

Started by Clardh, March 07, 2018, 06:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clardh

Well, what can I say. Tim Oldham Jr. has done it again. Tim called me the other day and said my call was ready. I can't tell you how beautiful this call is. The pictures don't do it justice. The attention to detail is superior. I know many of us say that we have calls too pretty to hunt and we throw this statement around often. Well, this call might just be the, "one" to pretty to hunt. Problem is, it sounds as good as it looks. It will be with me this turkey season. If you have never got a call from Tim, do yourself a favor and get on his list. You surely will not be disappointed. He is a master!!!

Clardh

Well of course the pics didn't post! Let me try again...sorry!

Coop1082

Pics for Doug! Must say I'm incredibly jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Clardh

Thanks for posting the pics Nick!

mossyhorn2

WOW! That's a good looking call Doug. What's the wood?

Clardh

Sir-diealot

Nice looking call. It does bring up a question though, I see many of you post pictures of your pot calls with just one little area conditioned, is there a reason for this? I have always conditioned the entire surface. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Clardh

Well, I used to condition the whole call too. In fact, it would probably be better to do so because different areas of the call sound different. Slate calls, ceramic, aluminum, I will travel around the edge of the call to see where it sounds best. When I got my first crystal call with a turkey feather on the soundboard and the small area was condition, I thought it looked better because I could see the pretty feather. I guess to each his own.

Happy hooker

Sir
Good for you that's the way a hunting call should be!!! however for a lot of people we want to be able to see the pretty soundboard graphics underneath the surface. also a call has better trade value if it isn't fully conditioned if you decide you don't want it latter.

Sir-diealot

Thank you both for the explanations, I wondered if seeing the graphics might have something to do with it but have seen ones without graphics done the same way. Resale is always a good reason :D Dog is nagging me to pet it, gotta go :D
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Congrats.... :icon_thumright: I like the looks of it...Something different...

peak98

Dat is one sweeeeettttt looking call! Post a sound file of it if you get a chance please.
peak98
Your weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.

MK M GOBL

Too Pretty to Hunt?

Nah she goes with me all the time!

LOL :TooFunny:

Nice looking call too

MK M GOBL

Clardh

Laloom83

That is a beauty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk