Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HOW MANY SOUTHREN HUNTERS HERE WILL FINISH THEIRS HUNTS UP NORTH IN MAY?

Started by quavers59, March 07, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

Every year, I read of Turkey hunts in the deep South to kick off the Spring Season-- but really not too much of Turkey hunters finishing their season up North. Who here will bag some gobblers up North this Spring to finish up?

zelmo1

Maine season starts April 30th and runs to June 2nd, 5 weeks. You can shoot 2 birds and there is lots of huntable ground up here. Just info for the addicts, LOL

buzzardroost

I would love to go Maine just probably can't find time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

YELPA

North Dakota in May for me this year as a bookend to my season.  Prefer to travel in May out of necessity, as Alabama is done end of April.

dirt road ninja

tha bugman

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 07, 2018, 06:26:23 AM
Maine season starts April 30th and runs to June 2nd, 5 weeks. You can shoot 2 birds and there is lots of huntable ground up here. Just info for the addicts, LOL
I want to do a Maine hunt before I die.  Of course there are alot of things I want to do before I die, but turkey hunting in the month of June is one of them!

silvestris

I don't travel to a lot of northern states.  Many don't recognize my concealed carry permit.  I guess I don't have the right to defend my life if necessary. 
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

WW

Killed my Osceola in South Florida on opening day, then I'll hunt my home state of SC, then off to Oklahoma in Mid April and finish up in Nebraska the first of May.

zelmo1

Quote from: silvestris on March 07, 2018, 10:05:46 AM
I don't travel to a lot of northern states.  Many don't recognize my concealed carry permit.  I guess I don't have the right to defend my life if necessary.

New Hampshire's state motto is " Live Free or Die" and both NH and Maine have concealed carry. Please don't let this keep you from visiting New England.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Al Baker

silvestris

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 07, 2018, 12:21:34 PM
Quote from: silvestris on March 07, 2018, 10:05:46 AM

New Hampshire's state motto is " Live Free or Die" and both NH and Maine have concealed carry. Please don't let this keep you from visiting New England.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Al Baker

There are some states that would be desirable, but you have to travel through the evil states to get there.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

kyturkeyhunter4

Country Pleasin

Trying to head to Colorado as soon as the Mississippi season closes.

StrutStopper_71

Headed to Kansas the last day Fl goes out! End of April first of May.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on March 07, 2018, 02:33:47 PM
I would love to head up north just don't have places to hunt
Will have to hunt swap some year with one of us guys who hunt above the Mason-Dixon line who are always waiting until May to even start hunting

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>