OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes the best aluminum call

Started by wernerjd, March 06, 2018, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernerjd

Every year I buy two new custom calls. These could be any type/surface. I have never bought a pot call with an aluminum surface. So my question is who makes the best aluminum pot call? Let's hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Haymarket

Everyone will have a different answer....so for mine, the best aluminum I have heard is my Hank's Padauk aluminum. Sounds awesome to my ear.

chbarnha

my warbird preacher man aluminum is my go to metallic call. it hasn't left the vest since i got it. i have an enticer aluminum on the way and have heard nothing but good things there too.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Bennett

Bowguy

Schafer for rough aluminum. They've been fantastic. Mark Cornelious and Dustin Jones for slick aluminum. If you can get your hands on a Dawkins aluminum

MikeStaten

As mentioned, it depends if you like slick anodized aluminum or rough aluminum.  Also, how much you want to spend?

For rough, Schaffers Sapele is a good one.

For slick, Lonzos Black Acrylic is second to none in my opinion.  A little pricy at around $100 but worth every penny.

Lonzo also makes a stoned aluminum that is great and really easy to play.  I have that one in Orange agate. ~$65

Dawkins makes a stoned alunimum in plastic pot for $50.

If I never played an aluminum I'd start with one of the stoned and go from there.

compton30

Quote from: Bowguy on March 07, 2018, 04:28:33 AM
Schafer for rough aluminum. They've been fantastic. Mark Cornelious and Dustin Jones for slick aluminum. If you can get your hands on a Dawkins aluminum

This is all ya need.

ajagkrieg

I just got a Sinclair anodized in a king wood pot that sounds great. 

Chris O

I have had a few and I like my Brumfiel the best in a Mahoe pot

Happy hooker

Triple B

I have owned several, and run a bunch. Bill Lyman makes one of the best slick aluminum pots out there.
I like slick aluminum period, but that's just me.
You will always get multiple opinions, on any surface, especially when it comes to who makes the best. Just depends on what one likes....

griffman

Cant go wrong with anything from Jimmy Schafer.

Red vyper

RemCrystal

Chris O

My reply above was to black anodized. I just got a Yingling raw aluminum that sounds great also. I feel the raw aluminum grips better than anodized and that is why all of mine are scratched up. I prefer copper or titanium and even stainless over aluminum for metal calls