turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How far do you typically drive?

Started by Rio Fan, March 06, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Most is a few minutes w a few exceptions. Closest I can walk to. Gonna check some new spots maybe 10-15 minutes away this year

hobbes

3 hours for my two favorite areas.  6 to 7 hours to a couple more.  We have birds within 20 minutes but it's previously been by limited drawing only.  It just went to a general tag, so will be great for getting my wife and teenagers out.

strutstopper

Anywhere from walking out the front door to a long 5 minute drive.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: oldturk on March 07, 2018, 04:16:59 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 06, 2018, 10:40:43 PM
Used to be 3 minutes up the hill from me but now it is 20-35 minutes.
me to
Because of my car accident I was unable to hunt for 17 years, I went back to get permission but now they have family that hunts it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Kylongspur88

20 minutes to my closest spot and a little over an hour to my furthest spot.

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

darron

Bolandstrutters

I have gobblers that literally wake me up if I'm sleeping with the windows open.  Usually within 75 yards.  I can't hunt them unfortunately.  Trying to buy the property now.  My farm is about twenty minutes and then I've got anywhere between a 2 and 20 minute walk. 

GobbleNut

The absolute nearest place I could hunt turkeys is about an hour and a half.  Most of time, however, the places I hunt are two to three hours drive.  Just depends on where I decide to go on any given hunt.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 09, 2018, 09:12:31 AM
As far as it takes.
That goes for me also, my home state, its still a 2hr drive to our private land. But SD BH then WY BH is a 9hr. But then Florida next week by plane long trip, then to Oklahoma April 5 don't know how far don't care will get there some time. Got my License for Wi in May but not sure if I can squeeze it in or not. Do wildlife removal, excluded Bats from houses. Have a good problem in a way, more jobs then day light to do them. But have to pay for this addition some way. When I fully retire maybe I to can too spend three months turkey hunting, like some lucky people get to do.

TauntoHawk

Small highly pressured and low bird population public is 20-40min.

Any private ground I have access to is 3-24hrs away with the majority of it residing in another state 4.5hrs away. Lots of weekend trips for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

g8rvet

Two private spots, about 10 minutes. very large public spot, 30 minutes to a little over an hour (Same place - it is huge and I frequent several areas).
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

CDNduckslayer

I literally could walk out my front door, cross the road and start hunting but I usually drive the 1 minute to park closer so I'm not walking a mile ( usually my ol man is with me so the shorter the walk the better for him). That is one spot, I have several spots within a 5 to 15 minute drive in a complete radius around my house. I also have several spots up to 1 to 1.5 hrs away but find myself going tho them less and less. Why travel when I got it close to home. Realize how good I have it after reading some reply's in this thread!! Good luck this spring guys!!!

BD