OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How far do you typically drive?

Started by Rio Fan, March 06, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroddc

As close as across the street and as far as 30 minutes.

zelmo1

5 minutes to an hour I can be in any one of my spots in NH or Maine

Rufus

38 miles... about 45 minutes depending on lights and traffic

turkeymanjim

Quote from: Rufus on March 07, 2018, 06:25:28 AM
38 miles... about 45 minutes depending on lights and traffic
Anywhere from 3 minutes to 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

6 hours south, 4.5 hours west, 6 hours NW. I do have some land with limited Eastern opportunities about 90 minutes away...usually my last hunt(s) of the season.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gooserbat

I hunt literally all over the state of Oklahoma.  My home turf is mostly within 30 miles of home.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gobble!

nativeks

Walk out the back door. Wife saw me shoot my bird last year from the kitchen table while eating lunch and imidiately jumped on the SxS with the kids to come get me.

Other spot is 15 min away

dirt road ninja

181 miles to my MS ground.
130 miles to my LA ground.
12 hours to most of the other states I hunt.

ILHUNTER

If all goes well, I can usually walk out the back door and be there in about 10 to 15 minutes.  Other times I ride the side-by-side a half a mile and walk for another 10-15 minutes. The only reason the walk takes this long is because I got to be sneeky to get close.  If these spots don't pan out sometimes I have to drive about 10 miles.

Ross R

I have to leave my house at 1:30 tomorrow to get to the spot in time to hear them gobble.  I have a pretty good walk ahead of me though.

tha bugman

I can be hunting in minutes or hours just depending on where I am going!  :turkey2:

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

shoer2