OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How far do you typically drive?

Started by Rio Fan, March 06, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio Fan

In your home state, how far do you have to drive to where you do most of your turkey hunting? I live in Washington and my shortest drive is a little over an hour and my longest drive is a solid 3 hours.  I'm envious of those of you who live within minutes of hunting spots. I'd love to be able to hunt in the afternoon after I get off from work.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tomspur

I have my window open and the gobbling wakes me up most mornings beginning in early february. I walk less than a quarter of a mile to hunt them. i am truly blessed to have this opporutnity.

3bailey3

I have three spots, all a hour drive, I wish I could walk out the back door, maybe some day!

buzzardroost

5-30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoMountainGobble

2 hours, 13 minutes, and 47 seconds...approximately.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

land cruiser

9 hours to my normal spot. One way. It used to be just three hours away and then I moved. I think I found something 4 hours away but won't know until the opener.

Count your blessings :)

Sir-diealot

Used to be 3 minutes up the hill from me but now it is 20-35 minutes.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

sasquatch1

mozart_hunter

4 minutes away, but I can only kill one turkey in this zone so the next spot is 2-3 hours away.

Turkz39

5min to get there by truck then 30min walk  to my listening spot.

dublelung

I'm usually good for one gobbler about 200 yards from the back porch. My other spots are about 20-25 minutes from home.

oldturk

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 06, 2018, 10:40:43 PM
Used to be 3 minutes up the hill from me but now it is 20-35 minutes.
me to

Happy

Anywhere between 20 min and 1.5 hours.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club