OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Sinclair pot for stainless

Started by jed clampett, March 04, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

For any of you that have a Sinclair stainless steel pot...what wood and diameter have you got?..how do you like it?

Sx4

I have one 3.25 stainless over slate Cocobolo pot. It's an amazing sounding/looking call. I have a one piece diamondwood striker that plays very nicely on it.

Chris O

I have the 3" bacote and I like the sound of it. I also have his 3" titanium in the same combo. I believe they have a glass sound board.

outdoors

I CANT HELP YA ON THIS , BUT I WILL SAY HE TURNS SOME REALLY NICE LOOKING @ SOUNDING CALLS  ................
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

compton30

Quote from: outdoors on March 04, 2018, 10:29:24 PM
I CANT HELP YA ON THIS , BUT I WILL SAY HE TURNS SOME REALLY NICE LOOKING @ SOUNDING CALLS  ................

x2. I also love his strikers.

JLH

John has perfected stainless calls...i have 4.

all 3.25" over a slate soundboard....walnut, padulk, cocobola and macasser ebony.

I perfer heavy dense woods for metal surfaces...it softens them down a bit, so the cocobola and macasser get the nod for me.

I will say stainless in bocote absolutely rocks, it has an effortless, distinct two tone raspy as hell yelp....i HAD a couple, but when i had some buddies play them, they didnt give it back..

Snakewood and gaboon ebony strikers bring these calls to a new level.

2 calls i wont be without are his stainless and green slate.

chbarnha

I have his padauk stainless ping.... really a great sounding call

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

bulian82

Quote from: JLH on March 04, 2018, 10:49:10 PM

all 3.25" over a slate soundboard....walnut, padulk, cocobola and macasser ebony.

I perfer heavy dense woods for metal surfaces...it softens them down a bit, so the cocobola and macasser get the nod for me.

I will say stainless in bocote absolutely rocks, it has an effortless, distinct two tone raspy as hell yelp....i HAD a couple, but when i had some buddies play them, they didnt give it back..

Well this site has got me again. I just ordered a stainless over slate in black palm from John.

Such a great guy to deal with as well can't wait to get it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

southern_leo

Quote from: bulian82 on March 05, 2018, 05:52:00 PM
Quote from: JLH on March 04, 2018, 10:49:10 PM

Well this site has got me again. I just ordered a stainless over slate in black palm from John.

Such a great guy to deal with as well can't wait to get it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Gorgeous wood choice. Post pics when you get it please

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JLH

Oh my....stainless in black palm is going to be fantastic!

Congrats.

And dont worry.....once i get the report from john, im sure ill be buying a black palm....lol

SteelerFan

3.25 in Bocote

LOVE IT! (And I'm not a metal fan)

jed clampett

Thanks for all the feedback...you guys made it just a little easier deciding what wood...lol...JLH is 3.25 in. Pot the size to go with for sound?

JLH

Quote from: jed clampett on March 05, 2018, 06:39:09 PM
Thanks for all the feedback...you guys made it just a little easier deciding what wood...lol...JLH is 3.25 in. Pot the size to go with for sound?

Yes....i think its the most versitile.

Sx4

Quote from: jed clampett on March 05, 2018, 06:39:09 PM

Cocobolo!  :turkey2: :newmascot: