turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What kind of boots

Started by Rzrbac, February 28, 2018, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

Just wondering what kind of boots everybody turkey hunts in. I have used rubber boots and lace up boots. Seems like I end up wading creeks every season and sometimes they are deeper than knee boots. I have had a few pair of neoprene topped boots and I rip them to pieces in no time. That's what I'm currently using as they are comfortable but by no means waterproof. I put on a lot of miles so comfort is important. I have considered the snake boot type just because of their durability, I don't worry about snakes. Just curious if anybody has found a great pair of boots, seems like they all have pros and cons. I'm due a new pair and there's not many places around here to try on and shop for anything other than your general Lacrosse green rubber boots. I would like something fairly durable and comfortable enough to put in 5 or 6 miles a morning. Thanks.

Mbhyman88

I had a pair of lacrosse green boots for 15+ years finally ripped the straps of the back last year and retired them.  Guess I got lucky with them, i've heard their quality has gone way down.  Right now I'm using a pair of Muck Edgewater boots that I bought on sale.  Used them most of deer season and they are very comfortable.  There is an older gentleman that I Turkey hunt with that wears dark tennis shoes specifically for crossing water deeper than a knee boot.  He says he prefers the tennis shoes because his pants and shoes will dry much faster than boots filled with water.

Gobble!

I've always been a rubber boots guy for turkey hunting as I end up crossing lost of small streams. I've tried muck, cabelas, and under armour and never really been sold on any. Got some of the Lacrosse Grange boots in over the weekend. Wore them out to check cameras yesterday and really like them. Super light, far lighter than other boots I have tried, and comfortable. We will see how they hold up this season as I typically put 70ish miles on a par of boots each spring.

dirt road ninja

If it's cool out I wear Grange. If snakes are around Chippewa.

Rzrbac

I had a pair of the Lacrosse Grange many years ago. I wore them out but I got a ton of miles on them. The thing I didn't like about them was they were hard to get on and off, are they still like that or have they made any improvements. That's why I ended up going with Mucks. Mucks aren't nearly as durable for me and takes almost no time for me to get them all ripped up. They are comfortable and light but just don't seem to hold up. I sure would like to find a pair that goes on and off like Mucks but as durable as the Lacrosse.

bbcoach

Dry weather and snakes---Danner
Wet weather and creeks---Lacrosse Alpha Burlys

daddyduke

I've had good luck with Wolverine boots.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

kyturkeyhunter4

I've had a pair of lacrosse burly rubber boots now for seven years and never had any issues with them. In my opinion they would be hard to beat

TauntoHawk

I honestly don't know how anyone hunts I rubber boots I've tried a few and went fitted and went with room from socks. Never want to hike more then 200yds or go more then 10ft up hill.

I wear leather boots and this year adding gaiters to handle wet grass and thick brush

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fullfan

At home in PA it is 100% rubber lacross knee boots, in the Midwest it is a lite weight waterproof lace up boot.
Don't gobble at me...

KYFrid

Quote from: bbcoach on February 28, 2018, 03:19:19 PM
Dry weather and snakes---Danner
Wet weather and creeks---Lacrosse Alpha Burlys
Same.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

I hunt in Florida, so don't enter the woods without snake boots. Currently wearing Redheads.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gobbler428

Danner waterproof snake boots

LaLongbeard

If I'm hunting Bottomlands Lagrange rubber boots if I'm hunting dryer areas I've been wearing leather Irish setter boots. I have a pair of custom made Russel turkey hunters on the way there water proof leather with snake proof liner.
I have a pair of turtle skin snake armor leggings that weigh nothing and can be worn over rubber boots or leather , I've never seen a pair of snake proof boots that weren't heavy and hot.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Cut N Run

If I'm turkey hunting, I wear Danner Pronghorn snake boots.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.