turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dicks/Field and Stream no longer selling AR15s or guns to under 21

Started by Bigeclipse, February 28, 2018, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dayna105

Dick's and F&S has seen the last penny from me. Shame to as I pass both stores twice daily to get to and from work.

coyote1

These places won't see another penny from me either. Didn't care for dicks in the first place.

Izzyjoe

When they first opened one here in town, my wife and me went in to check it out. We both were not impressed with the store, the guy at the gun counter was just plain rude, when we walked out my wife said, at least they got the name right. Dicks! That's what they are!

Rufus

Will never again buy from them.  Maybe, if enough, people boycott their business they will be forced to close their doors.

Kylongspur88

This doesn't surprise me. Walmart stopped selling AR's a few years ago. They're just getting out of the AR game before insurance companies and attorneys get involved on the off chance someone is shot with a rifle they sold. There's also the negative PR aspect in the current media climate. Lots of parents won't want to buy their kids soccer shorts in the same store that sells evil black rifles. I'm not saying any of this is right, in fact it's crap, but it is the current direction things are heading. Even without anti gun legislation  public opinion is shifting and that dictates what big box stores like Walmart dicks and field and stream sell or don't sell.

That said I have ARs and as far as I'm concerned you can pry them from my cold dead hands.

As for big box stores I buy my guns from Mom and Pop shops where they know my name when I walk in the door.

falltoms

Its a sad day in this great country of ours when at the age of 18, one can going the military and fight for are country, but can't go into these two stores and buy a gun. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

Jbird22

Quote from: falltoms on February 28, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
Its a sad day in this great country of ours when at the age of 18, one can going the military and fight for are country, but can't go into these two stores and buy a gun. That's pretty sick if you ask me.
AMEN to that! Raise the draft age if an 18 yr old can't legally purchase a firearm!

BTW, Walmart is raising the age to 21 to buy guns and ammo in their stores.

As Sheriff Buford T. Justice would say, "What the hell is the world comin' to?"

Sixes

I haven't been in one in years and never into a Field and Stream. I won't be going into either one again.

As far as new guns laws, there should be absolutely ZERO new laws and all laws controlling private ownership of any type of firearm should be repealed, including fully automatic weapons.

The 2nd Amendment was not written with a clause stating age of ownership nor type of arms.

I grew up with a Father that encouraged learning about firearms from an early age and taught me proper firearm handling and safety. We had guns throughout the house and I knew from early own to treat them as if they were loaded, because they were loaded. I received a BB gun at about 4 years old, then a pellet gun around 7, first deer rifle and shotgun at 10. By the time I was 8-9 years old, I had free range throughout the woods around our house to hunt and shoot.

I have a 14 year old daughter and she knows that any gun on any floor of the house or in my vehicle is fully loaded. She knows how to shoot and knows proper firearm safety.

Daveb

owlhoot

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 28, 2018, 07:50:30 PM
Quote from: falltoms on February 28, 2018, 07:39:34 PM
AMEN to that! Raise the draft age if an 18 yr old can't legally purchase a firearm!

BTW, Walmart is raising the age to 21 to buy guns and ammo in their stores.

As Sheriff Buford T. Justice would say, "What the hell is the world comin' to?"
Now that will really hit home for a lot of people . Walmart shoppers.
Don't send your 20 year old marine corps reserve son or daughter to pic up your turkey loads because it ain't happening.

Yelper

So now we want our 18-21 year old sons and daughters to make a living and get an apt or home and have no way to protect their self from an intruder!

Wait till a young women gets attacked in her apt and says she had no way to protect herself because she couldn't get a gun because she was underage.  :fud:

Kystrut

No GOD in our schools...Kids raising kids and teaching no morals at home..now we have kids killing kids. Must for sure be the guns fault!!! Even though guns have been around LONGER than the public school systems! Some people can't see the forest for the trees... Makes me sick..

mtns2hunt

Whole lot of venting going on here. Why not take it to Dick's. Go in and ask to look at their AR's. When they give you the not selling AR's routine tell them that you heard that but didn't believe they could be so naive.  Then say you will never return to a Dicks and spend your sporting dollars with them. Be polite and I guarantee your words will go to the top.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

paintbrush

Dick's just opened a brand new store last week in my home town. I haven't been in it yet and now never will! My money will be spent elsewhere. If they don't want to sell AR style guns, that's up to them. If they don't want to sell high capacity magazines, that's up to them. What bugs me the most is their not selling firearms to anyone under 21. My youngest nephew, who is 19, is in the Army. He is very proficient at handling a firearm. He can be called upon to put his life on the line for our country, but Dick's won't sell him any firearms piss's me off!

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.