Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Dicks/Field and Stream no longer selling AR15s or guns to under 21

Started by Bigeclipse, February 28, 2018, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeclipse

I thought many here would want to know the following. Dicks sporting goods and Field and Streams will no longer sell "assault rifles" and will also no longer sell guns to anyone under 21. Personally, I do think some forms of gun control should be looked into (similar to hunters safety, we should require shooters safety/training etc.) but banning certain forms of weapons I highly disagree with. I could see a Walmart or other similar store pulling this move but for Field and Streams to do it is just eye opening to the world we are now living in. When will it stop? For example, let's say the nation bans these semi-auto rifles (even the hunting style one such as mini-14s) what will happen when the next mass shooting involves a bolt action rifle, or a lever action, or a pump action or semi-auto pistols? If this child in Florida did the shooting with a pump action shotgun what would the news be saying? Ban all rifles/shotguns/pistols? Whether your views are for no gun control or some form of control as I stated above...we should all be doing something because I believe we are now headed down a slippery slope here. The antis are rallying big time and now are getting Big brand name stores to follow suit. I honestly do not know what we can do but I for one will not spend another dollar at a Dicks/Field and stream which really stinks because they are the only big box hunting stores left near my house.

davisd9

Current gun laws should be enforced and when people send tips to Federal, State, and/or local authorities warning that something will happen it should be treated seriously and not just over looked. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Jbird22

Dicks/Field and Stream can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and Chipper Jones can join them!

dublelung

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 28, 2018, 10:22:36 AM
Dicks/Field and Stream can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and Chipper Jones can join them!

100% agreed! Screw em all!

1iagobblergetter

Companies can run them however they want. I highly doubt many antis are spending very much money at Dicks sporting goods and personally after the decision they made I wouldn't spend a dime in their store if it was in my backyard. I hope they go broke.
Just like some of the airlines and other place that dropped support of the NRA. I don't care if i have to pay more somewhere else,but I'm not spending money at places that are for ruining some of the things I love.

Gobble!

What did Chipper do? Must have missed it.

Spitten and drummen

Hey Dicks...Go pound sand. You wont get another dime from me. Ps.. Chipper jones take a nose dive off of a very tall building.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Jbird22

Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2018, 11:45:25 AM

Said publicly that AR's should not be available to civilians, that only soldiers should be allowed to use them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chipper-jones-denounces-assault-rifles-supports-corporal-punishment-161725206.html

the Ward

I will never set foot in those stores again. When their position is that gun owners and the nra are no different than the homicidal maniac that shot up a school, well, you have just drawn a line in the sand. 

Gobspur

bchilde

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 28, 2018, 11:47:47 AM
Hey Dicks...Go pound sand. You wont get another dime from me. Ps.. Chipper jones take a nose dive off of a very tall building.
. It would be the buildings fault if he jumped lol. Next thing ya know they'd quit making tall buildings.

Gobble!

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 28, 2018, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 28, 2018, 11:45:25 AM

Said publicly that AR's should not be available to civilians, that only soldiers should be allowed to use them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chipper-jones-denounces-assault-rifles-supports-corporal-punishment-161725206.html

Ouch. That wasn't a good move.

dutch@fx4

I like how that article and chipper pick and choose what they like about what he says they agree with him on the gun control but not on the corporal punishment. I got my  spanked with a belt when I was a kid and I grew up all right. Kids are giving everything they want today they can't handle when they don't succeed

nyhunter

yep I did something I renewed my NRA membership, cut up my cards for dicks/ field and stream stores, with any luck they'll go bankrupt.  All it takes is the hunting community to stick together and boycott all these  places and businesses . I would 10 times rather support the small business and small gun shops anyway. 

SO DICKS, FIELD & STREAM, AND CHIPPER GO PIzz UP A ROPE   

owlhoot