OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fiance won free Hazel Creek Taxidermy mount!!

Started by djrcm7, February 27, 2018, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrcm7

My fiancé shot a great bird last season and ended up winning the Hazel creek taxidermy full mount. I'm super pumped for her and cannot wait to see how it turns out. Stil deciding on how she wants it done. Let's see some of your stuffed gobblers to help her decide! I love a good full strut and I love the gobbling pose too but I'd love to see what you all have done
Med student from MO

djrcm7

Med student from MO

Gobble!

Awesome. They produce quality mounts. Gobbling 3/4 strut is one of my favorites.

guesswho

Gobbling on the limb, and a hanging dead gobbler are my favorites.   My gobbling on the limb mount.  Not real happy with the head, but I like the pose.  Obviously not a Hazel Creek mount.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

WW

Quote from: WW on November 10, 2015, 10:48:25 PM
This is the 6 bearded Merriam that I killed in 2015. He's the 37th overall atypical bird in SD(when I enter him). Hazel Creek did an awesome job!

eorlando

John Beard in TN did this smoke phase Osceola for me.

DSC_2294 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_2296 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_2300 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_2302 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

DSC_2292 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dublelung

I generally don't care for walking strutter mounts but that smoke phase has got to be the most beautiful and most realistic strutter mount I've ever seen! Once in a lifetime trophy.

I prefer a 3/4 strut gobbling on the limb mount like the one posted but with a more realistic head.

Congrats to your fiance on the gobbler and the free mount. If you have one that'll turkey hunt with you then she's a keeper!

djrcm7

Med student from MO

busta biggun

Here is a strutter I had done by Cally Morris at Hazel Creek. I love how it turned out. This is the "tiled" look, which is an extra charge.

Gobble!

Quote from: eorlando on February 27, 2018, 11:43:49 AM
John Beard in TN did this smoke phase Osceola for me.

I'm going to need to keep him in mind. That looks awesome.

djrcm7

Is the "tiled" look just the setting of the feathers on the chest?
Med student from MO

busta biggun

Exactly. It just has the feathers separated a little more than a smooth look. They have to ruffle the feathers backwards daily as it dries to get this effect. Minor difference at a glance, but I like it.

1iagobblergetter

Ive seen some of Cally Morris turkey mounts...Whatever you decide it will look great with him working on it. IMO a lot of taxidermist seem to fall short with the way a Turkey mounts head looks...

BHMTitan