turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wisconsin Turkey

Started by Hognutz, April 18, 2011, 11:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

Here are a few pictures of the bird my Uncle shot on Saturday. The weather was not pretty. We had about 2'' of snow when we got him, but a total of 6'' fell by Sunday morning. He was henned up in a corn field, with a couple of jakes. For whatever reason, I was able to call him away from the ladies and the jakes and over the road to our setup. I used a Scott Ellis Signature diaphragm from Woodhaven to get his attention and some persuasive purrs and clucks on a glass call to seal the deal. He came in on a rope. My Uncle Randy shot him at 40 yards with a Nova and a face full of Winchester Hi-Velocity #6's. Knocked him right over backwards. He had an 8-1/2'' beard, 1'' spurs, and weighed 18#'s. I love this stuff..Mike

This is a picture of his deer/turkey camp.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

bowhunter84

trkehunr93

Yooper

Way to go, Mike!  Glad you had a chance to get out in the turkey woods.  I'll bet your uncle was glad, too!

bayou gobbler

Hognutz

Quote from: Yooper on April 18, 2011, 11:33:51 AM
Way to go, Mike!  Glad you had a chance to get out in the turkey woods.  I'll bet your uncle was glad, too!

Larry..I was able to go for Sat. and Sun. We were lucky to get him. The wind was blowing 20-30 mph, as you well know, and a blizzard, besides. We ended up with 6'' of the dang stuff. It is fun in any weather, but that was borderline on torture..It needs to get warm, soon. Enough is enough.. Good luck on your hunt..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkey slayer

Thats great! I wish we could get some snow

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Basser69

Congrats on a nice bird!  :z-guntootsmiley:

PANYHunter

Congrats to you both!!!  :happy0064:

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

NCTURKEYHUNTER

catdaddy

Thats awsome Mike--Great pic--never hunted in wheather like that!!

cannonball

harvester